Half price Revell at Hobbycraft

Started by Nigel Bunker, April 09, 2009, 08:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Bunker

Just to advise UK members that Hobbycraft has reduced Revell kits.

From memory:

1/72 B-1 £14.99
1/72 F-22 £7.49
1/72 Halifax (ex Matchbox) £7.49
1/72 Hunter FGA.9 £4.99
1/72 Wellington (ex Matchbox) £7.49
1/72 Tornado (RAF) £4.99

There may be others but I cannot remember them - I didn't have a pen on me to make notes.

Get them whilst they are still there.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

pyro-manic

Thanks. Might be able to get there next week...
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

nev

Thanks Nigel - going to Meadowhall next week, will have to pop into HC on the way :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

lancer

I guess the Reading Hobbycraft dudn't get the memo then. They've got NONE of those kits in stock at all. Actually, they don't have very much in the was of plastic in stock at all!!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Ditto the one at Cribbs Causeway nr. Bristol.  >:(

Maybe the news goes by pigeon post?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

TsrJoe

aw nothing in te glasgow store..'tk maxx' is worth a visit tho for cheap Revell kits

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

PR19_Kit

Quote from: TsrJoe on April 11, 2009, 05:20:48 PM
'tk maxx' is worth a visit tho for cheap Revell kits

Joe,

Really? I thought they were just a clothes place, obviously merits further attention now!   :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Nigel Bunker

Sorry guys - those were in the Greenford store - and I assumed it was across all the shops.
Life's too short to apply all the stencils

nev

Went into the Sheffield store today to find the only models on offer were the 1/48 F-105, the 1/72 Mig-31 and £10 off the B-1, and I'm not fussed about any of those :(
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Quote from: Nigel Bunker on April 12, 2009, 04:12:31 AM
Sorry guys - those were in the Greenford store - and I assumed it was across all the shops.

The Stockport one's got them all, just so you know you wern't dreaming. I got a MiG-31 a few weeks ago, when it was just that and the F-105G.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Mossie

Quote from: PR19_Kit on April 11, 2009, 06:47:50 PM
Quote from: TsrJoe on April 11, 2009, 05:20:48 PM
'tk maxx' is worth a visit tho for cheap Revell kits

Joe,

Really? I thought they were just a clothes place, obviously merits further attention now!   :o

Yeah, I've seen them at my local TK Maxx too.  It's a bit hit & miss & I think it varies shop to shop.  Most of the ones they've had in Hull have been cars or Star Wars Easy Kits, although they've had some Airfix & even some Manga stuff in the past.  Like any goods they carry, the supply might well only be small so get them when you see them, I missed out on the Airfix Civil Aircraft boxset this way when I thought it'd be easier for me to pick it up a few days later...
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.