Exotic MiGs pt. 2

Started by Shasper, March 24, 2009, 10:56:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Ok I picked up this lil Tam bugger at the same time as the MiG-19 I recently did up in NVAF mkgs, and after thinking about it for awhile I decided to go for some aftermarket upgrades courtesy of the spares bin:

Here you can see the side-profile of the new spine & gun housing

And topside . . . The spine is made of 2 droptank halves from a F-5 kit with the center done with putty-foo.

Story I came up with so far is this is an ex-Czech M model Fishbed that was sold off to the Ceyelonese republic. Somewhere around the early/mid 80's the Ceyelonese had their later model -21s upgraded by the Chinese to a similar standard as the F-7M Airguard, enabling the upgraded a/c to employ the semi-active radar guided PL-6 missile.

Thats all I've got so far . . .  
Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

BlackOps

Shas, the spine looks wicked cool! Nicely done!  :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Just call me Ray

Well dang, where's part I?

And yeah, sweet model, but that's a sweet pocket knife too:)
It's a crappy self-made pic of a Lockheed Unmanned Combat Armed Rotorcraft (UCAR), BTW
Even Saddam realized the hazard of airplanes, and was discovered hiding in a bunker. - Skydrol from Airliners.net

Shasper

- Bud S.

John Howling Mouse

It's extra bumpally and that spine looks like it was meant to be for a MiG!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

Now the ol' girl is startin to look all proper!

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

Shasper

Finally got around to getting this one closer to being finished:

Here you can see the medium range beam riding PL-4 & short range IR guided PL-5 missiles

Shas 8)
- Bud S.