OMG, it's beautiful! CAF 2009 CF-18 Demonstration Scheme...

Started by rallymodeller, March 20, 2009, 03:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rallymodeller

Centennial of Flight in Canada -- that sure merits a scheme. They outdid themselves.

Words fail me.  :wub: :wub: :wub:
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

Captain Canada

Oh yeah, she's a beauy allright ! And to see her flying with a Golden Hawk Sabre and a Centennaire painted Tutor ?

:wub:

You know what else is cool ? This is a cockpit I took a pic of last summer in Borden.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Gorgeous!  Modelling that would be 'interesting'  :o, painting it yourself would be a nightmare & decalling would send you insane too! :blink: :blink: :blink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

rallymodeller

Know what would be wicked? I love the Snowbirds scheme and all, but wouldn't that scheme look great on a bunch of Hawks?
--Jeremy

Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part...

More into Flight Sim reskinning these days, but still what-iffing... Leading Edge 3D

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Sauragnmon

I've seen that golden saber as well, I was down at Trenton for the airshow a good nine years back when I was in the Air Cadets, and he was out there and flying.  Gods do those sabers scream when they fly.  So very loud.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

JayBee

Quote from: Mossie on March 20, 2009, 04:47:58 PM
Gorgeous!  Modelling that would be 'interesting'  :o, painting it yourself would be a nightmare & decalling would send you insane too! :blink: :blink: :blink:
Oh purlease, that should read " more insane".

On a more sane note, I remeber seing one of the Golden Hawks Sabres on a pylon, down at the waterfront at Trenton in 1967.
Gorgeous, I still have the slide.
Also in the same visit (the International Air Cadet Exchange Scheme - 1967) the Red Knights T-33 did a display for us at Halfax, NS.

Thanks Canada.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

cthulhu77

puddingwrestler

Just imagine using that scheme in combat:
"red five to base, I am under attack by a Canadian pimp-mobil, please advise."
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

cc115

The F-86 Sabre has arrived here in Comox, BC, today. It will be carrying out a practice routine with the Snowbirds beginning sometime this weekend. The practice routine will take place for a week. Apparently, the Sabre and the Snowbirds will team up throughout the entire airshow year. When and where, no idea. All part of the 100 years of flight celebration in Canada.

I will try to convince my wife, who has a way better digital camera then me, to try to get some shots that I can post later. I will also post my shots of the Snowbirds over the local glacier (last year) from the CC115 Buffalo in the near future.

I'm not the computer geek, so will have to rely on my wife to post the pictures. Be patient, it will be on her time!!

cc115

Well gentlemen, and ladies if any out there. The wife and I were at the 19 Wing Comox beach on Saturday, to watch the final practice of the Snowbirds, with bonus displays by the other guests.  Before the Snowbirds did their thing, the F-86 did its display. After the Snowbirds had finished, the beautifully painted CF-18 did a final practice demonstration. Later on, the Snowbirds, the CF-18, and the F-86 teamed up to do a few formation fly bys.

Very nice. I guess the Snowbirds, CF-18 and F-86 will team up throughout the year for fly bys. The Snowbirds themselves, will be doing at least 100 fly bys during the year. This all in celebration of the 100th aniversary of powered flight in Canada. It will be a busy year for the team.

The wife took a whole whack of pictures on Saturday. On my return from Calgary, I'm there to pick-up a CC-115 Buffalo out of 3rd line maintenance, I will get her to post a whack of the pictures. When will I return? Who knows with fussy aircraft out of maintenance.

Archibald

Quote from: rallymodeller on March 20, 2009, 03:06:15 PM
Centennial of Flight in Canada -- that sure merits a scheme. They outdid themselves.

Words fail me.  :wub: :wub: :wub:

We need a CF-105 Arrow in such livery. Btw the f... Arrow cancellation happened the very day Canada was supposed to celebrate the Silver Dart flight 50th anniversary... 50 years ago  :rolleyes:
King Arthur: Can we come up and have a look?
French Soldier: Of course not. You're English types.
King Arthur: What are you then?
French Soldier: I'm French. Why do you think I have this outrageous accent, you silly king?

Well regardless I would rather take my chance out there on the ocean, that to stay here and die on this poo-hole island spending the rest of my life talking to a gosh darn VOLLEYBALL.