Wanted! Ilyushin Beagle 1/72 scale

Started by van883, March 19, 2009, 12:22:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

van883

PR19_Kit

Yes you do, even if you don't know it yet. :)

Don't even THINK about the Airfix kit, it will drive you nuts as it's a leading contender in the 'How can we maximise the parts count for this model?' Contest.........  :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

B777LR

I can recommend you to look at the rather cheap Harbin H-5 :thumbsup: It's just a cheap Chinese copy of the Il-28 :bow:

van883

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 19, 2009, 05:03:26 AM
Yes you do, even if you don't know it yet. :)

Don't even THINK about the Airfix kit, it will drive you nuts as it's a leading contender in the 'How can we maximise the parts count for this model?' Contest.........  :banghead:

really I don't mind as I will be using parts of it in a whif of some sort.

cheers

Van

PR19_Kit

Quote from: van883 on March 19, 2009, 11:51:59 AM
really I don't mind as I will be using parts of it in a whif of some sort.

Van,

I'm doing that too, and it's driving me nuts.  :huh:

The engine pods have about 7 parts each without counting the gear legs etc. By comparison a Matchbox Canberra PR9 I'm working on has 6, and that INCLUDES the wings!

Best of luck with the master plan anyway.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

I believe I have MPC (Airfix but in white plastic) Il-28 bagged somewhere which is low on my list. Are you looking to swap / exchange.... ?

PM me and we'll see what we can arrange.

Bungle
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

gunfighter

I have a trumpeter one. I´m in need of paint. If you have a tin of tamiya white and another of olive drab, we can make a deal.