MIG 15

Started by NARSES2, March 18, 2009, 02:21:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Maj I.N.Kozhedub was the allies leading ace from WWII. In 1949 he was chosen to lead the flypast over Red Square for the May Day parade in the then brand new Mig 15 fighter. For this occasion he had is aircraft painted up in the same colours as his final Lagg-7 from back in 1945, including his final tally of kill markings.

Model is Hobbyboss, paints are mainly White Ensign, markings are from the Eduard double boxing of the La 7

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Mossie

Wondered what you were going to do with that MiG-15 you were searching for at Telford!  Nice retro markings Chris, great stuff!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Mike Wren

TsrJoe

that looks really sweet, a nice piece of work for sure, itd also look nice on the whatif table beside sandy's (tojo633) Yak 15 in a similar scheme and markings, hmm, theres definately something different about a WW.2 1950 theme  :wacko:

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

BlackOps

You just can't go wrong with a MiG-15, your choice in paint schemes suits it well :thumbsup:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

pyro-manic

Very nice! The colour scheme really gives the Mig a different look. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

lancer

Very sweet little bird. YOu know I can't find thise Hobby boss MiG15's for love nor money. They all seem to have been snapped up in job lots!!
I guess I'll keep on searching
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.