Wunala Speeding - An Aussie Challenger?

Started by Modelling_Mushi, March 16, 2009, 05:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Modelling_Mushi

From the cover of the local auto mag, stay tuned for developments. Andrew.

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Captain Canada

Love the pic of the big jet pipes....really gets you wondering what the rest of the beast will look like !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

philp

Looks like they are starting with a F-18.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Ed S

A jet powered VW microbus.....  oh, the possibilities....

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

Or a Focus, I wonder if I can get some tips on how to mod mine, i.e. real 1/1!
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Modelling_Mushi

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on March 16, 2009, 03:34:00 PM
Or a Focus, I wonder if I can get some tips on how to mod mine, i.e. real 1/1!

A crusher and a blow torch are a good idea.  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Why no! I don't like them actually. I used to drive them when I was a delivery driver and I hated them!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

Mossie

Best car I've ever had, never had a problem with it.  The last one, an Ibiza was awful & on this forum I can't use the words that would describe the Clio.  My first car, a Peugot 205 was great, although it was thirteen years old when I got it so had a few bits replaced through the years.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Hobbes

The Soviet team welcomes the Australian comrades to the competition, but is confident the Motherland will prevail  :cheers:

Modelling_Mushi

LSROz programme manager is happy to provide some progress photographs of Wunala Dreaming as follows:

The sideish profile:

and the front 3/4

You can see where the F-14F has been flipped, sliced and elongated. Our initial request for a donor Mirage IIIO and F-111C (to be spliced with the IIIO on top providing cockpit and body work for the rocket, and the F-111C providing ramjet housing and suspension elements) was knocked back by the Minister of Finance and the Interior, who threatened deportation and expulsion if "... her precious metal was butchered ...".

We thank the CCCP for their welcome and trust they have sorted out their quality control issues. In the spirit of international co-operation, we will be buying the first post-run round.  :cheers:

Andrew

GTX

Love it - especially the "RAAF F-14F under Peace Iguana  (though I would gone with Peace Goanna  ;D) during second Whitlam Govt." bit - this has so many whiff possibilities!!! - I might have to play with this a bit further if you don't mind.  I also like the "148th Nuclear Strike Squadron in Port Morseby" of all places!  Do you have any more details?

BTW, in the real world, there was an approach by a guy a few years back looking to acquire some F-111 TF-30s for use in a Australian LSR attempt - it was declined!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Modelling_Mushi

Greg:

Glad you like it, no probs with the Peace Iguana, you can use it to your heart's content if you like.

In one of the alternate histories floating in my mind [that I call the 'expansionist militaristic dctorine'], Australia took a totally different viewpoint on the Indonesian occupation of East Timor - not for humanitarian purposes understand, but for the oil resources that were found in just prior to the first oil shock. Basically we got into a shooting war with Indonesia who were supported by Sov Bloc resources, and we were supported by a newly expansionist and McCarthyist USA. In short we won (just), and in the process purchased some new US hardware - the F-14F configured as a land based, ultra long range air superiority asset for one - together with a need to provide some deterrent capacity for all the new enemies we created.

Australia never granted PNG any form of independence, and we created two forward rapid response airbases in Port Moresby and Lae to keep the Indonesians and Malaysians at bay, together with one in the far west of the territory. For the deterrent force Australia purchased US nuclear weapons delivery systems and 24 additional F-111 airframes optimised for the low level nuclear strike role, and produced fissionable material for the same at an expanded Lucas Heights reactor.

As an aside, in this alternate reality the whole of Australian history is tilted off centre when Prime Minister Harold Holt is found washed up on a beach, clearly assassinated by a single pistol shot to the forehead. A newly independent Malaysia claims responsibility as retribution for Australia's support of the UK in the Malayan insurgency. And it goes from there.

I didn't know about the TF-30s and the real LSR attempt - shame they didn't let him have them.

Ciao

Andrew

GTX

This just gets better!!!  I think we should turn this into a bigger story (will PM you).

Regards,

Greg

Modelling_Mushi

Hello Everyone

I think I am going to be pushing the proverbial uphill to get this one finished by the due date (not a good way to start a Whiff'ing career) so here are some pix taken today in the grey undercoat.

Willbe doing my best to have her ready by 31-4-09.

Ciao

GTX