O

1/48 ICM Spit IX

Started by Ollie, February 01, 2004, 08:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Hey guys!  I've started modeling again, and my ICM Spit is almost ready for puttying and sanding!  This is one of the early kits, with white plastiv and lousy quality control, but it's still buildable.  

Enjoy!

Oh, paint scheme will be MH434 as it appeared in "Battle of Britain" as AI-H.   :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

Neat........I like the built in gun-bays.

You could hide your weed in there !

:lol:  :D  :o  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

Weed?  Who's talking about weed?   :o

Never used that.  I use Avgaz to get high!   :D  :D  :D  

nev

At the risk of sounding like a JMN, wasn't that the Spit that all the JMNs were up in arms about the shape of the nose?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ollie

Nope, it was the Hasegawa Spit!  This one is spot on in dimensions, etc...

John Howling Mouse

QuoteNope, it was the Hasegawa Spit!  This one is spot on in dimensions, etc...
Wrong shaped nose on a Spit?  As lamented by JMN's?

Let's see, that would be the following:
a. Monogram's
b. Revell's
c. Hasegawa's
d. ICM's
e. Ocidental's
f. All of the above.

Actually, I think it WAS the ICM one that was complained about the most and some aftermarket company actually produced a replacement resin plug, no?

I'll have to dig through the stash of modeling mags.  Hate it when a girlie mag
gets mixed up in there.  Will really have to talk to Ms. Hitler's "male nurse" about that!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ollie

Guys, you are all way off.  Lemme tell you the story of the 1/48 Spit IXs.

First, the Mono Spit.  Good in shape, except for the wings which lack the gull shape under neath.  For a JMN, that means no sleep for three years.  All it needs are resin wheels and prop.

Revell?  Spit II?  Very nice, only lacks the gull shape.  Bou-hoo.  Who cares!  It's UNDER the model.

Hasegawa.  Never mind what Tom Cleaver says, this kit is a lamer.  They screwed the fuselage, because they took the length of a V and made the IX the same, without taking into account the longer engine with the blower.  They have made a set to correct it, you can see it here (just search around in that siteLoon Models) :

ICM is very nice, maybe the spinner is a bit off (easily corrected with Ultracast stuff) and early ones suffer from bad quality control.  Can be a challenge to build, but is very nice when done!  The one to get.

Occidental is another lamer.  Nose is way off, much too deep.  Aeroclub makes a conversion for it, I think one of my friend has one, I'll ask him to send me a comparative shot of it with an ICM Spit to see.

Like I said, ICM is the way to go, just look at this beauty!

Ollie

And another one.  ICM Spit VIII, Stocky Edward's!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Captain Canada

I see you left the canopy open so you could stick your weed in there, too !

:P  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

John Howling Mouse

Narf----Toad said 'weed'

Ollie, you have a lot of nerve showing those kind of photos around here.   ^_^

Freaky little perfectionist!   :P

It's just not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair.   <_<

Oh well, now I go back to my friggin'  Swiss F-5E.   :zzz:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.