Hawker P 1154RN ....Original Sea Harrier !'

Started by General Melchet, March 12, 2009, 02:52:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

General Melchet

Hi chaps, don't mean to hog this section but I've only just got round to having any free time to post stuff.Apols to Fred as I know he's only just finished his lovely Manitrack two seater but I thought you moight be interested in my single seat RN version using a mix of the Maintrack kit and a pre production P1154 kindly given to me by Colin.My thanks to Thorvic for his invaluable help with this one too , ( cheers Geoff :cheers:).
After sifting through quite a bit of info on this machine I turned up a 1963 proposal for a single seater based on the RAF version using the RN's undercarriage arrangement and intake splitter plates.
State of play so far,

Since taking these I've revised role to ground attack using SNEB's under nose rather than Redtops as they look dangerously close to the forward nozzles, and as this aircraft was to use the PCB system I dont think it would have been such a good idea

Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

Hobbes

Eddie M.

Now that's a sweet looking aircraft. I like the progress you've made. ;D  ;D
Look behind you!

Captain Canada

What a beauty ! Very sleek and sexy. Looks great with all the weapons, and great job on the bits so far !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

General Melchet

Thanks guys , I'll post more at the weekend by which time I hope to have at least primed the beast.

Andy
Clearly, Field Marshal Haig is about to make yet another gargantuan effort to move his drinks cabinet six inches closer to Berlin.

ChernayaAkula

Wow!  :o Now this one looks cool! Interesting undercarriage layout.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Mossie

Looks good!  I really can't justify the cash, but I'll probably succumb to one of these at Telford, just nobody tell the Missus! :wacko:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

noxioux

Man, I love the lines on that thing.  It has a grace that's altogether missing from the Harrier.  Very nice.

GTX

Would love or kill for a 1/48 version!

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

John Howling Mouse

From the wild level of detail already showing in the bang-seat and cockpit, I'm guessing this must be no smalled than 1:10 scale?    :banghead:    :thumbsup:

Fantastic work!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.