1/144 Canadian Car & Foundry "Carling" for the Flying Boat GB

Started by Brian da Basher, March 05, 2009, 03:18:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Just in case you don't make it over to the Flying Boat, Sea Plane and Amphibian GB, here's some shots of my entry, the 1/144 Canadian Car & Foundry Carling flying boat:

I started with this:

went on to this:

and ended out with this:

:cheers:
Brian da Basher

cthulhu77

Holy Smokes!  Would you please start posting more "in progress" shots ????

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

John Howling Mouse

Again with the oversized novelty penny!   :wacko:

Well, once again, you've outdone yourself.  Rigging, too?!  Love the "We stand on guard for thee" on the fuselage  (part of our national anthem for those of you whom fate has snubbed so cruelly by having you born in a lesser nation).

I'm going over to that GB link to learn more.

Great job!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ed S

We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

NARSES2

Brian that has to be one of your best  :wub: Just love the use of the old "Dominion" flag  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tanktastic43

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Daryl J.

BdB, the level of creativity you possess is simply astounding.   
Dr's orders:  Never, never stop.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

frank2056

That is just outstanding, Brian! Where do you get the inspiration for all these great builds?

The Rat

Ho hum, just another stunning jaw-dropping masterpiece from Brian again. Move along, nothing to see here...  ;D

:bow: :cheers: :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Rafael

MAGNIFICO!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

The fuselage adaptation is the most wonderful and clear demonstration of the fact that simple is beautiful!!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER