Boeing Washington R4

Started by Aussie747, March 02, 2009, 04:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie747

Started this one for the ARC GB, been lacking progress for a while. Got some spare time to do a little more on the weekend so I added some more lumps and bumps to it.

Some progress shots..

Cockpit, I added a few panels to it for its new role only to find out they won't be seen when the fuselage was buttoned up!

Installed

Overall shot showing a test fit

Latest configuration

Underside

More to do and updates to follow

:cheers:

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

sequoiaranger

Looks nice so far!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

Daryl J.

Much the way the B-29 is visually enhanced by smoothness and cleanliness of line, the B-50 just  begs for protrusions everywhere.

This looks great!!!

Daryl J.

Captain Canada

Oh Yes ! look at all them lumps and bumps ! AAR probe ? Huge engines ? RAF markings ? This bird has it all ! Can't wait to see some more....and quite possibly, steal your idea !

:thumbsup: :wacko: :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Aussie747

Update time!

I have masked and glued the cockpit transparencies as well as the forward lower radome.

I also decided to add the landing gear as I had better make sure there is enough ground clearance for that dome! only got the nose gear done so far.

I came across the inherent weakness of the nose gear assembly and have added a reinforcing pin to the lower section to hopefully prevent a nose gear collapse.

Hope to progress this a bit more in the next couple of days

:drink:
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Aussie747

Another update

Some filling and priming done, the windscreen has been sanded back and will be remasked, still need to do a little polishing.

I added half of one of the wing tanks to the rear bomb bay as more fuel storage due to loss of range from loosing both wing tanks.

Payload test fit

Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Damian2

Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try.

ChernayaAkula

Great! :thumbsup: What does the Jindivik (I guess it is one) do?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aussie747

Moritz,

the Jindivick was a target drone used by Britain and Australia in 'real life'. I have modified mine slightly and it will be an early UCAV with a couple of bombs hung from it. The Washington is supposed to be an Elint/drone controller aircraft.
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

sideshowbob9

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: Aussie747 on May 24, 2009, 07:33:17 PM<...> it will be an early UCAV with a couple of bombs hung from it. <...>

Cool!  :thumbsup: How about some Shrike ARMs as on the Firebees in Vietnam?  :wacko:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

Aussie747

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 25, 2009, 06:04:07 AM
Quote from: Aussie747 on May 24, 2009, 07:33:17 PM<...> it will be an early UCAV with a couple of bombs hung from it. <...>

Cool!  :thumbsup: How about some Shrike ARMs as on the Firebees in Vietnam?  :wacko:

Sounds good, where can I find them in 1/72, any specific kit or Hasegawa weapons set?
Ray
Canberra
*-*-*-*-*-*-

In work:
1/72 C-65J
1/72 P-7B
1/144 C-17T

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: Aussie747 on May 25, 2009, 05:13:49 PM
Quote from: ChernayaAkula on May 25, 2009, 06:04:07 AM
Sounds good, where can I find them in 1/72, any specific kit or Hasegawa weapons set?

The Hasegawa weapons set will provide you with a pair of AGM-45 Shrike and the appropriate LAU (Launcher Adapter Unit) required to carry and launch the missile.  Other sources for these missile shapes are sporadic and often very poor representations of the weapon so I would recommend sticking with the Hasegawa weapons set.
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: nev on May 25, 2009, 02:19:56 AM
This is pretty epic.

Well put.

Keep up the good work, Aussie747!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.