Letov S-1102 "Perun"

Started by imatt88, February 28, 2009, 07:54:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imatt88

Hey all,

Been a while since I've visited..but I figured I'd show what I've been up to lately..

Yup, its a Revellogram F-102 that will be done in early '60s vintage Czech camo.

Thanks to my friends in the Czech Republic, I found out that "Perun" is the old Slavic word for "God of Thunder"

Seems fitting for the Duece...

Cheers,           Ian

Tophe

Quote from: imatt88 on February 28, 2009, 07:54:41 PMits a Revellogram F-102 that will be done in early '60s vintage Czech camo.
Hannants tells me there is no F-102 at both Revell and Monogram. So, could you tell us more to appreciate? Which box(es)? Which scale? Which mixing of Revell and Monogram? Thanks... ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

BrittMac

Quote from: Tophe on February 28, 2009, 08:32:50 PM
Quote from: imatt88 on February 28, 2009, 07:54:41 PMits a Revellogram F-102 that will be done in early '60s vintage Czech camo.
Hannants tells me there is no F-102 at both Revell and Monogram. So, could you tell us more to appreciate? Which box(es)? Which scale? Which mixing of Revell and Monogram? Thanks... ;D

I dont know the kit # off hand, but it is a 48th scale kit, and hasn't been made in a while.  I don't think it will be on any websites for sale, unless its some site like classicplastic (or whatever it is called).
Brandon

imatt88

Tophe,

The kit I'm using for the basis of this project is the 1/48th scale Century Series issue  of the F-102.

I used the term "Revellogram" because not too long ago, Revell took over Monogram and started realeasing old Monogram kits under the Revell name.

The last issue of the "Deuce" was under the Monogram ProModeler label, I believe.

I'm hoping that it will be re-released soon, like they did with the F-106 and F-101

HTH,

Cheers,       Ian

noxioux

No that's right out of left field.  Excellent idea!

imatt88

Here is some more pics taken today,

making some progress.........

This is what it should look like when it's finished :lol:

Some of the subassemblies with paint..

Still a long way to go,

Cheers,                Ian

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Shame..... still no popcorn smilie !

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)