Harri-Hog!

Started by lenny100, February 28, 2009, 03:18:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lenny100

inspired by JP vieria Harri-hog profile below and finding my spare chest has a few parts i could use

i have started with this

Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

Zeke

WHAT THE???! :o :o :o...you're just not right in the head you're not...Great stuff!... :thumbsup:  :bow:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

noxioux

Looks like you spilled a can of pure, unadulterated badass all over your workbench.  Wicked!

Now PLEASE tell us this is getting USMC plastered all over it.  Please!!!!

lenny100

Quote from: noxioux on February 28, 2009, 03:27:15 PM
Looks like you spilled a can of pure, unadulterated badass all over your workbench.  Wicked!

sorry to disappoint you but those amateurs are not getting this
the real Booties are getting this beast!!!

sotoolslinger

WOW your Roman anme would be Maximus Testicles ;D :lol: :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Someone mentioned the Gas ingestion from the gun...you could probably just scribe a little hatch aft the cockpit that would open up for more air when its fired :thumbsup: The Marines are too cool for A-10s anyway  :mellow:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

NICE idea!  :wub: :thumbsup:

One suggestion if I may: why not mount the tailplanes high on the fuselage, so that the jet wash isn't hitting them? You could use the original Harrier mounting points.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Martin H

Quote from: lenny100 on February 28, 2009, 03:30:59 PM

I suppose I had better point out to our colonial cousins that Lenny is an ex Royal Marine and there fore has a suitably low opinion of the United States Marine Corps LOL. less said about his views about the British Parachute regiment the better lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Steel Penguin

ooohhh SHINEY, i look forward to this one finishing. and ill be paying attention to any problems you have, as i have a hankiering to try something simaler in 1:48 to use as air support in wargaming.
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Eddie M.

Very impressive start. Looking forward to how it plays out.;D
Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Quote from: lenny100 on February 28, 2009, 03:30:59 PM

Here that noxioux, you're an amateur! :lol:
Look behind you!

PanzerWulff

Marines are Marines no matter which side of the pond their from,They're all totaly Nucken Futs! :blink: :blink: :blink: And I do mean that in a GOOD Way  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I love this one it's Soooooo wrong it's right.Just one question is one Pegasus enough to haul that thing up or will it be more STOVL in concept???
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

lenny100

thinking about engines
this aircraft uses a new development of the Pegasus 7 which has a RR Trent 8104 as a core giving some 117,00 lbf of thrust compared to the normal 28,000 lbf thrust of the normal Pegasus 6 fitted to the harrier gr9

Rafael

.......so this beast will take off and land amidst a hurricane.........Love it!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

John Howling Mouse

This is the best kind of styrene insanity.  I think it would look cool in near-black with deep grey tiger stripes but that's just me.  Looking forward to more!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.