Monogram's B-58 Hustler in 1:48

Started by John Howling Mouse, February 25, 2009, 07:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Howling Mouse

Ummmm, not to be picky but, does anyone know if this big "new" version of the Hustler is actually some sort of re-issue?  It's not just the raised panel lines, which were surprising enough----everything about this kit seems to be fairly retro...

Even some of the description of the aircraft in the destructions seem to be present tense, as if the bird was still operational (we wish!).
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Daryl J.

...........................if only we weren't moving.................................... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Daryl J., who'd get a few provided the next house had enough room.

noxioux

Yeah, that baby's been reboxed a million times, it seems.  But the plastic is so frelling thick that you could sand 'er down and rescribe with a chainsaw and never hit bottom.

I love that kit, even though it's a real pig in some spots.

Cobra

sure would like to get that 1!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like it would work for my Plans to do the Spearhead Bomber from Stingray!!!!! anyone Know if it's been Released Yet?????????? stay cool guys! :huh: :thumbsup: :mellow:

cthulhu77

It makes for a great ceiling hanger ! (hangar?)  I saw one done up in black on fsm a long time ago, very cool.

Mossie

Now there' an idea for a whiff, it must be quite a challenge to make a retro B-58?  Ditch the delta, add turrets, maybe scalorama the 1/48 kit into 1/72???
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

Quote from: cthulhu77 on February 28, 2009, 05:25:17 AM
It makes for a great ceiling hanger ! (hangar?)  I saw one done up in black on fsm a long time ago, very cool.

Like this one ?

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

nev

That looks wicked cool - as it idles up to the tanker and says "Hey, I'll have a Babycham"

***added html link for "Baby Cham"***
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

noxioux

That's pure evil.  She looks great black, for sure. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Aircav

Here's another black Hustler, sorry I don't know who's it is.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

cthulhu77

Aircav, the one with the canards is the ticket. Always loved that jet photo...what ifs rule !

Eddie M.

Look behind you!

Daryl J.

I wonder if Mike Detorrice would mind if someone did that in 1/48.............. :wub: :wub:

Daryl J.