My 1/48 TSR.2 in Whiffey livery....

Started by Tuck, February 24, 2009, 05:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuck

A little back story...

B.A.E. TSR.2 "Raven"

The 9th prototype, or first pre-prduction aircraft received a striking black paint job.  Certain fellows at the Air Ministry felt it appropriate to give a winking nod to the Vicker's Corporation.  Seeing as they had built the "right bomber at the wrong time..." in the form of the Valiant B.2, the Air Ministry wanted to show their remorse at the lack of foresight experienced by failing to get the "Black Bomber" into production.  Seeing as the TSR.2's fortay was to be low level, high speed flight, the black paint just seemed right.  XR229 served with distinction further wringing the bugs out of aircraft systems, and went on to pioneer new weapons delivery systems.  She now sits in quiet retirement in a dusty corner of the RAF Museum.

"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

The Rat

WTF?! Those things have only been on the shelves for 5 minutes and already you've turned out a masterpiece!  :bow: :cheers:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

Tuck,

I took the liberty of making a duplicate of your topic on the finished and work in progress forum board so that it would be wider coverage. 

Nice work by the way, the gloss black does wonders for the overall appearance of that model. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

jcf

Quote from: The Rat on February 24, 2009, 06:20:49 PM
WTF?! Those things have only been on the shelves for 5 minutes and already you've turned out a masterpiece!  :bow: :cheers:

Tuck's another of them feckin' Texans,
must be summat' in the beer.  ;D

Jon

NARSES2

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on February 24, 2009, 11:32:58 PM

Jon

Well it 'aint the alcohol content that's for certain  ;D Seriously though absolute stunner sir  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tuck

Quote from: The Rat on February 24, 2009, 06:20:49 PM

Jon

Smile when you say "feckin Texans"....mister....  >8-(

Jus' kiddin' Thanks, Mate!
"I do this hobby for fun not to be nitpicked, and that's one reason i love this place (What-If) so much, its not necessarily the quality, its the 'spirit' of the build or idea that's important..."-Beowulf

jcf

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 25, 2009, 03:05:31 AM

Jon

Well it 'aint the alcohol content that's for certain  ;D Seriously though absolute stunner sir  :bow:

Quantity my dear Chris, quantity.  ;D

Jon

Talos

Seeing a new post in this thread actually makes me realize I forgot to post this here. Awhile back I did a TSR.2 profile in black that was inspired by this build.

Ed S

Looks good in black.  Not something I've seen on the TSR before.

:thumbsup:

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.