O

Interesting VTOL prototypes

Started by Ollie, January 27, 2004, 07:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ollie

Hey!

Found in a book called VTOL - Miltary Research Aircraft, those three birds.

First off the Dornier Do 29, a reminder of a Luft-46 concept.  Built from a Do 27.

Ollie

Next the LTV-Heller-Ryan XC-142, one of my all-time fav VTOL.  Ever saw that "Choppers" show about it?  They showed it dropping stuff in the desert in semi-hover, very nice!

Ollie

Finally, how could I not include the CL-84 Dynavert, eh?

:wub:  

elmayerle

So, pray, tell us what other aircraft were featured in that book.
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Ollie

Just about all the ones that flew.  Author is Mike Rogers, published in 1989 by Haynes.  Mike Wren can surely find it for you!

B)  

Captain Canada

Ah, love that last one Ollie ! The best of the best......
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mike Wren

QuoteJust about all the ones that flew.  Author is Mike Rogers, published in 1989 by Haynes.  Mike Wren can surely find it for you!
bet I can't mate! 1989 is pretty ancient for a book theses days, anything from more than a couple of years ago, besides your big Osprey, Squadron/Signal etc titles generally go out of print. I'm 99% sure that one ain't currently available.

Its a common misconception amongst our customers that a book published 20 years ago should have been sitting on our shelf just waiting for them all these years... infact we probably get 200-300 brand new books into our little shop every single week (that's not including re-stocks of sold-out titles)  :huh:  

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict