F-4XL Phantom III "The Phoenix"

Started by Eddie M., February 23, 2009, 05:55:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

Out of the ashes of the F-15/106 that has been languishing for years, I came up with an idea for an even bigger F-4 (donated by Ron ;D.)

Here's how it starts.This will be my long term project for the year, depending on how much help I get from the voices in my head. :rolleyes:

Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

So, erm, why do your Franken-Models look better while still in dissimilar bits and pieces than most of mine do even once they're completed?!  It ain't fair, man!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

OH MY  :o  :wub: I will be in the back room :blink: :thumbsup: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

HOG

Hiya Eddie

All I can say is life was easier (not much fun but easier) back in the day when I was on FSM .

MILLERIZED it still works! ;D
G
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Vulcan7

wow great re-modeling technique Eddie, looks the business  :ph34r: :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Sauragnmon

Looks interesting so far, Eddie.  Looking forward to seeing more of this monster.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Zeke

'Monster' is about right isn't it?...amazing stuff...so what's the colour scheme going to be? Any ideas yet?
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Ed S

Great start Eddie.  I like the extra long Phantom idea.  What other interesting bashing to you have planned for this one?

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

JayBee

Couldn't quite work out where the 106 bit(s) were to begin with, but I have got it now.
Wow! How many pylons are you going to hang on that wing?
:cheers:

Jim
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Joe C-P

Innn-terestink, feeeeery interestink.  :o
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Brian da Basher

A stretch Phantom? Brillant!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Eddie M.

Thanks Gents! I can't really say what the final scheme will be because I haven't considered it yet.  This is one of those ideas that I had to get into a basic shape and go from there. I see it as a big SAC bomber with lots of MER racks holding lots of mud movers. From the looks of it, I may have to add bigger engines, but I'm not sure yet. ;D
Look behind you!

Green Dragon

Excellent idea Eddie! Is that part of the Northwest DC-10 as a piece of the spine? You really are master of the hack and slash school of model building!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)