I've finished something new:

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, February 23, 2009, 03:15:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

......The Alpha Jet has developed more 'issues'. The seats when fixed in place, are so low, that the pilots can ony just see over the sills and there's a 2mm gap between the front edge of the windshield and the fus...... oh yes, and the 'rounded' nose for the French version is w-a-y too pointed.

I'm very, very close to quitting !

So I brought something new to the workbench to be built alongside my (real world) HobbyBoss Mirage IIICZ.

All Im saying for now is that it will also feature in a Group Build on Swannysmodels.com, and its catalogue number is Tamiya 61088  :o. That is more than enuff of a clue for y'all to go on. Pics very soon, pwomise.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

nev

Luft '46?  BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you were a real man you'd build it in Italian markings to sit alongside your 262 ;)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Vulcan7

"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

Zeke

Who knows what the little imp will do with this one, but judging by the class items he's been producing lately it's gonna be fun to watch!...:)
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

There's more chance of it being Canadian, Barry. Nev, remember the ANR Me262 was serving alongside the Germans in the desert  :mellow:

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

Well there's 2 uncommital statements.....
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 25, 2009, 03:41:04 AM
There's more chance of it being Canadian, Barry. Nev, remember the ANR Me262 was serving alongside the Germans in the desert  :mellow:

Ian

Oh fine, I'LL do the RCAF floatplane version, then!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

First pics, not surprisingly it's the cockpit and the fuse. Have some Eduard (pre-painted) seatbelts and window masks on the way. So far no filler needed...... Great  :thumbsup:

As ever, thanks for looking. All comments, questions and criticism, welcomed.

Confuscious (maybe)

Radish

It'll look terrific in Spanish Air Force tactical camouflage (like a dirty RF-5A) or in Greek colours (dirty F-4E), or why not adopt the RDAF colours on it....VERY heavily weathered Olive Drab, with paint chips, fading, repaints, etc... :wacko:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Aww stoppit, Terry, I'm already torn between three schemes already, don't give me any more options  :o

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev

If you tell us what those 3 schemes are we can help you decide.... :whistle:

Ian the Kiwi Herder

All using the late war two-green factory scheme as a base:-

Scheme 1
Desert '46 - Large 'blotches' of the base scheme masked off and oversprayed with RLM79 'Sandbraun'. White theatre markings.... think 1942/43 Stuka/Hs129 stylee

Scheme 2
Baltic Summer '47 - Using the same RLM79, overspray large irregular patches, similar in style to RAF temp land scheme. JG54 used this on their Fw190's in the summer of '43 (Emil Lang & Norbert Hannig of 5/JG54 machines' are really nice examples). Lots ofyellow theatre markings too !

Scheme 3
Finnish Front, winter '46/47 - Similar in style to the Desert '46 idea, but using dirty grey/off white as temporary winter 'distemper' camouflage. Think Rudel's Ju87G, winter '44. Again lots of theatre bands in yellow to really brighten it up.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

nev