Italeri RQ-1 Predator

Started by Mike Wren, February 23, 2009, 09:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Wren

just a quick pic, and not very good I know, but this is the primer for it's gloss yellow paint...  ;D pretty much straight from the box but I've modified the undercarriage to display it in flight, knocked up some pylons & will add a pair of drop-able survival kits

ow where did I put those Sea King decals?

kitnut617

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Mike Wren

1/72, it's a nice kit, just quite expensive for the size/simplicity of the model

JayBee

Like your idea Mike, bright yellow, dropable survival kit. Yes!  :thumbsup:

When (IF?) I get round to doing mine, it will be a Strathclyde Police floatplane! Operating from the current Police Heliport on the river Clyde in the centre of Glasgow.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

viper29_ca

Didn't know Italeri had one out. I had a couple in the shop here, but they were the Accurate Miniatures one.

AM is supposed to put out a second armed variant as well!!
Thanks
Scott
Elm City Hobbies

http://www.elmcityhobbies.com

Mike Wren

Quote from: JayBee on February 23, 2009, 10:31:24 AM
Like your idea Mike, bright yellow, dropable survival kit. Yes!  :thumbsup:

When (IF?) I get round to doing mine, it will be a Strathclyde Police floatplane! Operating from the current Police Heliport on the river Clyde in the centre of Glasgow.

my other one will be West Midlands Police, with Hellfires, of course!

Mike Wren

Mossie

Yella!  Looking forward to this one! :drink:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

philp

Quote from: viper29_ca on February 23, 2009, 02:43:34 PM
Didn't know Italeri had one out. I had a couple in the shop here, but they were the Accurate Miniatures one.

AM is supposed to put out a second armed variant as well!!

The Accurate Miniatures and Italeri kits are the same plastic, just distributed by different companies.  Not sure which of them did the original mold.  Have seen the AM kit in Hobby Lobby here but a little pricey.  Course, if you get one of the coupons...

Like this idea a lot.  Can't wait to see the final product.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

chrisonord

I wanted to do one of these things armed and in U.S Marines service, but, I can not justify spending a tenner on something that is such a small kit.
Maybe I could get one cheaper...eventually.
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

Mike Wren

it's done in time for Cosford & has single-handedly increased 2009 model completion rate by 100% over 2008!

Hobbes

Wow, that looks great, and I love the idea of an SAR version.

Daryl J.

Maybe you'd better show this to those in authority; it's that good.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J.

upnorth

Very nice and a quite good use of the UAV concept too.

Don't the Italeri and Accurate Miniatures kits both originate from Platz moldings?
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

philp

Nice job.

Hmmm. will there be enough UAVs this year for a separate Whiffie category?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies