Polikarpov I-20 (Jet propelled wonder of the Great Patriotic War)

Started by PanzerWulff, February 19, 2009, 01:37:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PanzerWulff

I'll be building a 1/72 PM kit of the Facist Dog Ta 183 jet fighter as a jet built by the Glorios Polikarpov design board Pics to follow soon Comerades
"Panzer"
Chris"PanzerWulff"Gray "The Whiffing Fool"
NOTE TO SELF Stick to ARMOR!!!
Self proclaimed "GODZILLA Junkie"!

B777LR

Soviet Ta-183? Is that not a Sovietized F-86? Or is it in fact a MiG-15 (Gasp!!!!)?

Looking forwards to something that is just natural :thumbsup:

dy031101

Quote from: B787 on February 19, 2009, 01:51:36 PM
Soviet Ta-183? Is that not a Sovietized F-86? Or is it in fact a MiG-15 (Gasp!!!!)?

First one, no, but the second one......
To the individual soldiers, *everything* is a frontal assault!

====================

Current Hobby Priority...... Sigh......

To-do list here

PanzerWulff

Well this thing just fell together (main assembely was only 12 parts) I wanted to get some pics but I need to get some batteries for the camera first DoH!!! I'm planning to get some today.
I did what I could to add something to the interior as the kit has no instrument panel,and I added a headrest/armor plate assembely left over from a Hasegawa Fw 190.There is no detail in the landing gear recesses and they are very shallow,so I just painted them black to give illusion of depth.I haven't decided on a paintjob as yet I dont know wether to go with the black & green sported by some Yak fighters or the 3 tone grey scheme as seen on La-5/7's.Or come up with something of my own.Anyway I should have some pics by tonight
Tovarish "Panzer"

PanzerWulff

As promised here's a couple of pics I plan on getting more paint on this weekend. I have the Ta 183 posed nect to my Republic of south china Mig 15 for comparison,bolth are in 1/72 scale

Enjoy
"Tovarish Panzer"

Geoff

PanzerWulff

Ok the first shots of the paintjob and basic decals,I have some patriotic slogans and some stencils to go on before weathering Then I will add the landing gear and maybe a base for it to sit on.I decided to go with the La-5FN paint job I feel it looks good on it
Now for the pics

"Tovarish Panzer"