1/144 "Bayleen" for the Flying Boat, Seaplane and Amphibian GB

Started by Brian da Basher, February 11, 2009, 02:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian da Basher

Just in case you don't get over to the Flying Boat, Sea Plane, and Amphibian Group Build, here's my entry, something I call the Bayleen.

I started with this:

went to this:

and ended out with this:

Brian da Basher

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Jeffry Fontaine

Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

philp

Brian,
You get better and better with each build.  Good luck in the GB.
Can't wait to see what you do in the LSR GB (you are doing something for it, right?)
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

sotoolslinger

WOW :o :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
Thanks for posting that B. I can't say that's one of your best cause that would imply that you have bad ones :smiley: ;D
ABSOLUTELY  SUPERB
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Rafael

Brian, you have this incredibly fine ability to produce beautiful planes with an air of belle-epoque aeronautique!!! :bow: :bow: :bow: :wub: :wub: :wub:

Rafa
Understood only by fellow Whiffers....
1/72 Scale Maniac
UUUuuumm, I love cardboard (Cardboard, Yum!!!)
OK, I know I can't stop scratchbuilding. Someday, I will build something OOB....

YOU - ME- EVERYONE.
WE MAY THINK DIFFERENTLY
BUT WE CAN LIVE TOGETHER

noxioux

Captain Canada

Haha ! I love it ! Great job, Brian. It's so retro-cool looking...awesome paint as well.

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

Daryl J.

B'd'B may soon start meaning Brian d'Bayleen after this build.   I'm still completely gobsmacked over this one and it takes a lot to gobsmack me anymore.

Daryl J.

Sisko

That is an awesome build! :wub:

You certainly can bash amazing whiffs!!!! :bow:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

kitbasher

What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/Corsair GA.1/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

cthulhu77

Go ahead and just make the rest of us look lazy and foolish, why don't you ????  Wow, that is a beaut!!!!  :cheers:

Eddie M.

Speechless, but with a big smile. What a cool lookin' aircraft! BZ!!
Look behind you!

John Howling Mouse

Ever feel like you were born a few decades too late, Brian?  You sure have a natural feel for nostalgic aircraft!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.