Original Alt. Luftwaffe GB discussion thread

Started by Sisko, February 10, 2009, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sisko

breakout your RLM colour charts and micrometers its high time we had an Alternate Luftwaffe build.

Any aircraft including Luft 46 of course, in whiff Luftwaffe markings.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Taiidantomcat

Sold  :thumbsup: Plus it will drive the JMNs nuts.
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Weaver

Why not make it a bit different by making the theme "Luft '36", i.e. operational versions of pre-war ideas, either ones really trialed and rejected by the Luftwaffe (such as 4-engined bombers), or copied from other people's bad ideas, such as a German turret fighter (Defiant), or a German single-engined light bomber (Battle)? You could make either of those from the Revell He-70......
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Weaver on February 17, 2009, 08:23:54 AM
Why not make it a bit different by making the theme "Luft '36", i.e. operational versions of pre-war ideas, either ones really trialed and rejected by the Luftwaffe (such as 4-engined bombers), or copied from other people's bad ideas, such as a German turret fighter (Defiant), or a German single-engined light bomber (Battle)? You could make either of those from the Revell He-70......

Now that's an outstanding concept! I can imagine whiffy upgrades to some late W.W. I types like the Junkers J series and the Fokker D.VIII. Granted, that might be stretching the idea a bit, but allowing the GB to include aircraft from before the war might help generate more participation.
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

gunfighter

Is Fatherland ´64 allowed into this category? Cold War? Post Berlin wall fall?

Radish

I like the idea of inter-war stuff.
My Fokker D.VII.VII.V will fit nicely :thumbsup:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Sisko

I agree! Keep it as broad as possible so WWI, inter war, WWII and post war subjects are all eligible from what ever universe that you are living, studying or working in. ;D

The subjects can be whiffs of aircraft that did serve in the luftwaffe like the radial Me-109 that HOG built for example, or they can be some aircraft that never served but you wished did, or some creation that only exisits in the dark recesses of your minds!!!!!!

You can include East and West German Luftwaffe if your whiff is post WWII in Our time line. So East German and Russian aircraft are eligible.

In keeping it broad we increase the likelyhood of participation, and we get the benefit of variety. I also am keen to see what marvel of bashiness that Brian would come up with! :thumbsup:

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

GTX

Quote from: Radish on February 17, 2009, 03:25:23 PM
I like the idea of inter-war stuff.
My Fokker D.VII.VII.V will fit nicely :thumbsup:

I like this as well - good fuel for the Cold War in the '30s.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

gunfighter

I´m in...anyway I was going to build it.... ;D

Spey_Phantom

on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

gunfighter

UPS I had the same idea about the yellow nose... :banghead:. But mine will be low-viz

Zeke

Can we use kits that are half built and stalled for lack of enthusiasm?...pleeeeeze!... ;D
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!

Brian da Basher

Quote from: Sisko on February 17, 2009, 11:23:00 PM

I agree! Keep it as broad as possible so WWI, inter war, WWII and post war subjects are all eligible from what ever universe that you are living, studying or working in. ;D

The subjects can be whiffs of aircraft that did serve in the luftwaffe like the radial Me-109 that HOG built for example, or they can be some aircraft that never served but you wished did, or some creation that only exisits in the dark recesses of your minds!!!!!!

You can include East and West German Luftwaffe if your whiff is post WWII in Our time line. So East German and Russian aircraft are eligible.

In keeping it broad we increase the likelyhood of participation, and we get the benefit of variety. I also am keen to see what marvel of bashiness that Brian would come up with! :thumbsup:

You're most kind, Sisko. I have some ideas for this and I hope we get enough expressions of interest to ask Comrade Anthony to add it to the next GB poll. Right now I'm imagining an upgraded Fokker Eindekker with an inline engine and lozenge or splinter camo but with W.W. II style crosses, like an forerunner to the Me-109...
:cheers:
Brian da Basher

lancer

If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

gunfighter

I´ve found some inspiration for my build, but I want it to have a "brand new" look, as if it was a first appearance at the Berlin 64 flypast. So, I´ll probably go for bare metal and black, plus low viz crosses and swastikas. I will also add red and white defense of the reich bands.