G

Rebuilding the Royal Navy

Started by Geoff_B, January 24, 2004, 05:26:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff_B

Hi

Just got my latest Military & Aviation book magazine and on the back page is a new book called "Rebuilding the Royal Navy - Warship design since 1945" by D.K.Brown & George Moore. This covers not only the ships that were built but also those that were planned or conversion projects so this could be a treasure trove for the ship modellers amongst us especially those who do Ship What-ifs (JoeP and Geoff P).

I will give a review when i receive my copy, but i imagine Mike Wren might be able to source it  for those who are interested.

Cheers

GeoffB B)  

Joe C-P

QuoteHi

Just got my latest Military & Aviation book magazine and on the back page is a new book called "Rebuilding the Royal Navy - Warship design since 1945" by D.K.Brown & George Moore. This covers not only the ships that were built but also those that were planned or conversion projects so this could be a treasure trove for the ship modellers amongst us especially those who do Ship What-ifs (JoeP and Geoff P).

I will give a review when i receive my copy, but i imagine Mike Wren might be able to source it  for those who are interested.

Cheers

GeoffB B)
I eagerly look forward to your review. I'll bet WEM will have it in stock. B)

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Geoff_B

Amazon

Hi Joe

Its listed at Amazon for next month so you might like to try thier first perhaps ? It does seem a decent price for $42.

Cheers

Geoff

joesus

I'll get you for this: you just cost me $42. Of course, the name DK Brown and the cover photo had something to do with it.

Geoff_B

QuoteI'll get you for this: you just cost me $42. Of course, the name DK Brown and the cover photo had something to do with it.

Sorry Joe !!!

But i'm looking forward to getting the book soon and its not on UK amazon yet for some daft reason and its UK price is £35-38 so its quite a bargin at $42.  (Then again i did but Combat Fleets of the World 2003 from USNI !!!!! last year !!!!)

But we might have some new carrier choices to put your 177's and 583s aboard !!!! :D  :D  :D .

Cheers

Geoff

Mike Wren

it's showing on the Ian Allan 'super computer' here as being £35, I haven't seen it yet, but the computer does say that there is 1 in stock at our shop in London...

Geoff_B

Have you ordered it as well Geoff P ?

Geoff B B)  

Geoff_B

Does anybody subscribe to Warship World BTW ? as they did an article last year on the CV-52 and i wondered if anybody saw it.

BTW GeoffP the Royal Navy Handbook is a nice guide book to the modern RN from the M&A Book club

Cheers

Geoff B B)