Voting for the Whiffies Closes Today: Updated 2/15 12:30 PM MST

Started by philp, February 09, 2009, 09:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

Members of the Academy,
Please go to the Whiffie Child Board under the Group Builds and vote for all 23 Categories.

Voting will end on Sunday, February 15th at midnight, MST (yes, they say they are open til the 17th but I am going to close them, gather the data and delete them so no one sees the winners until the Awards Ceremony Thread is posted on Sunday, February 22nd.  Ain't I a stinker :wacko:).

Every member of the Forum, whether you have been here from the start or you just signed up, gets one vote in each category.  You can change your vote up until the deadline when the categories will be closed.

If you have questions about the voting, respond here.  If you have questions regarding a specific category or entry, please PM me.

Thank you for your support,
Phil Peterson
Mini Master of Ceremonies

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

2/11 With just over 96 hours remaining to vote, several of the Categories are extremely close with at least one category seeing a difference of only 2 votes between 1st and 5th.  What does this mean?  It means that you vote actually does count for something and if you decide not to vote in even one category, it could be the difference.

No pressure right?

So far turnout has been pretty good with about 20-25 people voting in each category which is between 25% and 33% of the number of looks.

So take a little time over the next 4 days and check out some of these builds, stories, profiles, etc.  You will see some old friends and maybe find something you somehow missed the first time around.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

2/14 Just under 48hrs left and a few more votes have trickled in.  The Propeller class is still the closest with 3 votes between 1st and 5th.  Several others also only have 1-2 votes separating 1st and 2nd.

Would love to see about 10% forum participation on this (approx 70) but that would be about double what the most voted categories currently have.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

This has probably already been covered somewhere while I was not paying attention, but could you outline the proceedure to be followed in the event of a tie?
Also, do you still want an Asia/Pacific representative for the 2009 awards?
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

PW,
The tie breaking vote belongs to the Academy (namely, me :blink:).  I am holding off on my votes until the end for just such a contingency.  So far, it isn't an issue but there are several very close races so it may come into play.

As for help for 2009, I will gladly take any and all help and I don't care where you are from (and I am pretty sure that a few of our members are "not from around here" if you get my meaning).

Just PM me if you are interested.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Less than 30 hours left to vote for your favorites.  The camo category has made it up to 41 voters, thank you all.  The others are still behind with several still below 30.  Remember that there are categories on the 2nd page (23 in all).  Last time I looked we did have 2 ties so your votes do count.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

philp

Just a quick note to let you know that the voting will close in less than 12 hours (Midnight MST).  The propeller aircraft category is still tied and several others only have 1-2 votes separating 1st and 2nd.

Please take a few moments to cast your ballots if you haven't done so yet.  Maybe PM or call your buddies (especially if you have something that has been nominated) and make sure they have voted.

The Awards Ceremony is scheduled for next Sunday, February 22nd, time TBD.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies