A to F ?....or a story of a Panther

Started by wolfik, February 07, 2009, 08:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfik

hi all
long time is gone.....
hope all are safe here and have fun on modeling?  :cheers:
today again one of my unfinished projects....
an older A panther from dragon with the old F turret modified to an "act of desperation" Pnther....
the idea was to up armour the panther sides with the same art of armour like the one used by some units fighting in italy on turret roofs...
the rests of zimmerit, a phone box and an APU in an armored box are attempts to make the kit more interesting.
Im working on it...and yes...I plan to finish it :)
hope you like it!°
best regards!

wolfik

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Very great idea, along with a fantastic build !  I love up-armored stuff, this one is going to be out of the world !   :cheers:

BlackOps

Your work always looks like it was meant to be  :bow:  Remember you said you are going to finsih this! We all heard you  ;D

Beautiful build :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

sudzonic

Like it that's giving me ideas for the what if campaign over on armorama i have a panther lying around that need something done with it  :wacko:
Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul!

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

puddingwrestler

I assume the large chunky boxy thing hanging off the back is the "APU in an armored box" you mention - what is an APU? Apart from a guy from the Simpsons who thanks people and asks them to come again...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

GTX

APU = Auxiliary Power Unit.  Saves running the main engine all the time.  Still used today on tanks - e.g. the ARA M1A1s have a single cylinder, air cooled diesel engine.  See here on the back of the turret:

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

John Howling Mouse

Well, Peter, this is an odd coincidence.  About an hour ago, I found that sample of Forex you sent me and have started using it today on a build I've forgotten about since 2006.

Where have you been?

I see your modelling skills are still among the best around.   :bow:

Looking forward to more progress on this fantastic tank of yours.   :cheers:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

General Zod

That Panther looks great What kind of paint or camo will it be in? :thumbsup:
Yeah,I know the load is late.But the voices keep telling me to pull over and clean the guns.
Death before decaf
Chad

Wyrmshadow

Oh Hellzyeah!

Do the grenade shields over the engine fans keep the turret from rotating a certain amount??
Likes to re-invent the wheel
http://1wyrmshadow1.deviantart.com/