Sacriledge

Started by Weaver, February 06, 2009, 04:36:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weaver

Okay, now that there are enough TSR.2 kits stashed for posterity, lovingly built as accurate replicas of the prototypes, or finished as "safe" Whiffs (i.e. RAF service colours, Raspberry Ripple etc..), what about more outlandish builds, possibly even calculated to give TSR.2 fans/JMNs palpitations.

A few things have occured to me:

1. A TSR.2 kit built up accurately as one of the wrecks on the gunnery range,

2. A TSR.2 (preferably the "missing" prototype) partially dismantled and gathering dust in a corner of a huge US Govt. warehouse like the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark,

3. A Sovietised TSR.2 produced by p*ssed off BAC engineers who defected following it's cancellation,

4. Flying boat/floatplane version?

5. Crewless TSR.2 used as an expendable missile, or even a "Mistel" with a Gnat/FD.2 on it's back as the control aircraft.

6. TSR.2 vandalised with spray-painted CND/peace logos etc.. at the same time as the Greenham Common protests.

I'm sure you can come up with more...... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

nev

Regarding (3) Wasn't the early Su-24 design similar to the TSR2?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Weaver

Quote from: nev on February 06, 2009, 04:41:23 AM
Regarding (3) Wasn't the early Su-24 design similar to the TSR2?

It had similar wings with downturned tips, but I don't think it had blown flaps. It also had lift engines and side-by-side seating, so it wasn't that similar. IIRC, RSP-Bombers states that it was more inspired by the F-111.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Captain Canada

I'd love to see the gunnery range example in a diorama, as well as the lost prototype Ark style ! Great idea, that one !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

Either TSRJoe or his dad built a half-dismantled TSR.2 (the fuselage with some bits missing, mounted on a tractor trailer), so the 'on its way to the scrapyard' configuration is covered...

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on February 06, 2009, 04:36:08 AM

2. A TSR.2 (preferably the "missing" prototype) partially dismantled and gathering dust in a corner of a huge US Govt. warehouse like the one at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark,

Hm, you obviously know too much. #

You better watch out for large black SUVs full of guys wearing dark suits and shades with earpieces and mikes in their lapels....... ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

philp

Quote from: The Wooksta! on February 06, 2009, 06:29:41 AM
Brother Lazlo did a wrecked one (serial XS666) on a scrap dump, using gash bits from one of my myriad casting sessions.

Any pics?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies