Something a bit different - The Porcupine!

Started by BlackOps, February 05, 2009, 08:15:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackOps

I've been way off my game lately, between feeling blah, and having no time, I've not done much model building. Well that's got to change!

This one is going to be a sci-fi/futuristic communications/jamming vehicle. Lots of sensors and jamming goodies. The chassis is from a 1/72 scale Merkava tank. The rest of the parts may be fairly easy to recognize  ;D

I've added a buch of little beads to attach my antennas to. I think once I get all the antennas in place you'll know why I called it the porcupine

Have no idea what's next but that's half the fun :)

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

tanktastic43

a great concept made from bits and bobs.  :thumbsup:

any ideas for the paint job?

HOG

H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Brian da Basher

That's just too cool, Black Ops! Porcupine seems perfect!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

Sweet idea!  :thumbsup: ;D

Reminds of two things:

1. Those backpacks covered in rubber spikes that are/were fashionable,

2. The broken trackball controller I've got lying around somewhere..... :wacko:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

MartG

Murphy's 1st Law - An object at rest will be in the wrong place
Murphy's 2nd Law - An object in motion will be going in the wrong direction
Murphy's 3rd Law - For every action, there is an equal and opposite malfunction

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

Ed S

This looks interesting.  Great use of "junk".

Ed :cheers:
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

puddingwrestler

And why not? In my youth I stuck 1:144 MiG wings on a Mac SE (the square one!) mouse, added a Serial plug to the back as an engine and built a cockpit area into the hole left by the button. Now if only I'd finished it...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

cthulhu77

John Howling Mouse

Very innovative.  So would this be manned or some kind of drone?
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Zeke

You know something? Just recently, over the last year or so I guess, I've been getting sicker and sicker of the serious side of this hobby. Way too many people out there telling you that the particular shade of RLM65 I used on that Messerscnitt wasn't actually in use between June and October 1943 and I'm a complete (very naughty word) for painting it in the completely wrong shade, didn't I know what I was doing?...Huh?...get a freakin' life!

I just love you guys...you've made me actually enjoy these bits of plastic again!... :bow:

BlackOps...you ROCK!
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!