Are Airfix behind this?

Started by Riksbar, February 03, 2009, 01:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riksbar

"Inconceivable!"

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

TsrJoe

hmm...so why do we need a long range strike bomber type...oh yip i forgot... Iraq, Afganistan, etc. etc.  :blink:

what a pos. the Tornado fulfilled the requirement adequately for the role, having said that i do admit i cant see the UK. getting a proper replacement for that one anytime soon, F.35 anybody?

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

pyro-manic

Good grief. You'd think the person who submitted that petition would have at least spellchecked it first... :banghead:

As to replacing Tornado, perhaps BAE can do something with Typhoon to turn it into a decent striker. Bigger wing, internal weapons bay, etc.
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Mossie

I think someone was building something like that, a Fullback-ised Typhoon.  Don't remember seeing it finished.

Ah, found it!  It was you Pyro!
http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,21257.0/highlight,strike+typhoon.html
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

A Canberra should do the job nicely I'd have thought..........  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

pyro-manic

Something similar might actually be useful - the USAF are still getting excellent use out of their Buffs. IIRC, one of the proposals for FOAS was to have a big, slow aircraft (Hercules, A400M or similar) launching swarms of cruise missiles. Perhaps we'll see a Nimrod B.5 at some point! :wacko:

Mossie: Yep. ;D
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<