Burnelli goldmine...

Started by Tophe, January 20, 2004, 08:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

The patent part provided me with 3 completely unknown projects for my forthcoming book. Wonderful site :wub: , still "under construction" but already so rich...
http://www.aspubs.com/burnelli/index.html
Does somebody know how to contact the people that build this site ? I would like to turn the pages of some patents, to see the included 3-views after the cover introduction...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

nev

Looks like the site could be a mine of information when they get it set up properly...
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

joesus

Armed with the patent numbers on the Burnelli site, you can get any US patent (since 1790!) on the US Patent Office's website: WWW.uspto.gov. Make sure that your browser and viewing software are fully up to date, with all current fixes, because you'll need it. These patents are a goldmine for us types. I got info about the Boeing Sonic Cruiser and Northrop/Grumman reverse delta from patent drawings.

Tophe

QuoteArmed with the patent numbers on the Burnelli site, you can get any US patent (since 1790!) on the US Patent Office's website: WWW.uspto.gov. Make sure that your browser and viewing software are fully up to date, with all current fixes, because you'll need it. These patents are a goldmine for us types. I got info about the Boeing Sonic Cruiser and Northrop/Grumman reverse delta from patent drawings.
After Burnelli goldmine : Joesus goldmine...  :)  :)  :) Thanks a lot dear, I will follow your directions. ^_^
If you can post a picture of the reverse delta, this one would be very wellcome also, I think - but I am not sure patents are completely public, authorised to present without paying copyrights. :huh:

Tophe

QuoteNorthrop/Grumman reverse delta
...like the Lippisch X-114 WIG ?
(from http://www2.odn.ne.jp/mmworks/CG_jpeg/X114.jpg )

joesus

Kinda. Usually, they're going for a reverse double delta. The idea is that the LE is only slightly swept, to cater to laminar flow, and the trailing edge cuts in at an angle in the way that the tips of the fins of many older Russian jets were, but here the angle heads in all the way. By coincidence, the current Wings has an article about the F-104 which shows an artist's conception of a 104 equipped with one for testing. I'll dig up the number for patent fans.

Tophe

Quoteyou can get any US patent on the US Patent Office's website: WWW.uspto.gov. Make sure that your browser and viewing software are fully up to date, with all current fixes, because you'll need it
It doesn't work :( , I will see if I can update something from Microsoft, you are right, and try again  :)  (it is the same with all the pages found by Google about US-Patent-office)... :(