Huddersfield 2009

Started by Martin H, February 02, 2009, 01:00:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin H

Date Feb 15th. usual opening times. (10am for joe public)
Location. Huddersfield sports center. Southgate. Huddersfield. HD1 1TW

the SIG will have a small stand at this show. (6 foot frontage/double depth) so not much space is available. As a result I have asked the membership to expect no more than two of their own models to be on the stand at any one time. That includes Me as well. And space behind the stand will also be very limited.

We are haveing a small tribute to Mick Buller, one of our own who sadly died last year. And Huddersfield was his local show. the subject matter is Japanese whiffs. This little mini theme will be in the center of the stand.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

van883

Any pics anyone?

I couldn't go as my parents were visiting.

Van

Aircav

Here's some photos from the show.

And here is some of the Whif gang, starting from the left going to the right we have,
GeoffP, Ian, Duncan, Martin, Simon the man with many names, Chris, Terry, GeoffB, Lenny and then his good lady.

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

Mossie

Heck I'm the guy with a thousand names!  I'm Mike here, Geoff B was calling me James....!

Once upon a time I used to get called Suki... it was the dogs name before anyone asks!  I don't know if that makes it any better.....???

Oh, I'm Simon by the way! :lol:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

nev

Thanks Steve - wish I coulda been there :(  I'm diggin the Aeronaval Harrier, and no prizes for guessing who the droop snoot Mirage belongs to :)
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Aircav

Quote from: Mossie on February 16, 2009, 03:46:57 AM
Heck I'm the guy with a thousand names!  I'm Mike here, Geoff B was calling me James....!

Once upon a time I used to get called Suki... it was the dogs name before anyone asks!  I don't know if that makes it any better.....???

Oh, I'm Simon by the way! :lol:

I apologise Simon I'm getting old and I'm usless at names. :banghead: ;D :thumbsup:

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Mossie

No probs Steve!  Somehow people tend to forget my name often (strangely, I used to get called Steve a lot at one time)!  I often get my brothers name, even from people who don't know I have a brother.  At work I get called Martin, which is my bosses name.  When I lived at home, my Dad would go through every member in the family before he got your name, although I think I was the only one to get the Dogs!  There was one fella I worked with who always called me Paul (which was his name too).  I corrected him several times, but he was still convinced I was Paul, & argued it with others when they called me Simon, I got to the point were I let him call me it!
:blink:

Oh & that goes without the nicknames, too many to list here!  I don't worry too much about my name, except it drives me nuts when people spell my surname wrong, it's such a simple spelling!
:banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Aircav

Just think of all the things you could get away  ;D

Sir Sydney Camm

van883

Martin H

There were at least 22 sig/forum members at the show (not all displaying on the SIG stand thou)

from the forum
Martin H
IHG
Dork T K S
Overkiller
Lenny
Freightdog
Thorvic
Geoff P
Falcon
Narses
Aircav
Mossie
Radish
The Wooksta
Nick P
Genral Melchard
Jetfixer

Off forum
Wille Smith
Steve Hess
Ian Crawford
Eddie Kruk
Mike McEvoy

For a local show that is one hell of a gathering of the clan.

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

lancer

Gotta make that show next year!!! Seems lie I was the only one of the active southern contingent not there!!
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on February 16, 2009, 12:30:11 PM
Gotta make that show next year!!! Seems lie I was the only one of the active southern contingent not there!!

Ahem..........   :mellow:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Radish

Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Dork the kit slayer

Gotta say it was a good turn out and a really good show/day.
Not often we all get to share a good gabfest.( I managed to go totally laterel with Raddish)
Not too much room ,but a good breadth of subjects.

Big thanks to all who put so much work into making it a success,as usual my latest a "Japanese Vigilante" wasnt finished in time so will have to make an appearance on the projects page.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/