1:35 OH-6A warbird

Started by KiwiZac, January 31, 2009, 03:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KiwiZac

Hey guys

Just quickly wanted to show off the first shots of my Dragon 1:35 OH-6A Cayuse build, being done as what I'd have as my own personal Loach...given the cash!

Being done pretty much OOB with some small custom decals, to look fairly similar to the aircraft in the mock magazine article I posted yesterday ;)

Check out some sprue shots of the kit on Modeling Madness - and a review - in the coming days.

Updates as and when.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

frank2056

Whatever you do, resist the urge to throw the almost finished kit against a wall when it comes to attaching the canopy. It can be done without making it look hideous.

B777LR

Quote from: frank2056 on January 31, 2009, 05:36:43 PM
Whatever you do, resist the urge to throw the almost finished kit against a wall when it comes to attaching the canopy. It can be done without making it look hideous.

Yup, and use white glue :thumbsup:

cthulhu77

John Howling Mouse

Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

noxioux

This one slipped right past me.  Yes, PLEASE more pics!  I've had a little bird on my list for a long-long time!  Are you including any figures?  I've been thinking of a USMC STA insertion/support bird in this flavor.  Can't wait to see more. :thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

Excellent detail work, Zac! Looking forward to your next update!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

KiwiZac

A belated thanks for all the kind words guys! No figures this time around - so if anyone wants the 1:35 crew for this bird, make me an offer via PM!

The end is nigh...paint is now going on, and the Canopy Adventure will likely start tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates