Hey Canadia look what I got !

Started by Ian the Kiwi Herder, January 31, 2009, 06:44:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian the Kiwi Herder

S'pose this should really be in the 'Stash' thread, but to be honest I got so bl**dy excited I thought I'd share 'mit alles'. Anyhoos, arrived this morning from a seller on eBay:-

Leading Edge decal sheet 48-24 !

Two complete machines can be built off this sheet - neither of which will be Hornets. Just superb, it's like all my birthdays arrived at once - which is just as well as I didn't do too well this year anyhoos :o

Got two 'targets' in mind, but you'll have to tune in to the Workbench thread to see what I'm up to.

Woooo Hoo  :party:

Ian
(Canadia's new best friend !)

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Confuscious (maybe)

Jennings

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on January 31, 2009, 06:44:54 AM
Two complete machines can be built off this sheet - neither of which will be Hornets... Got two 'targets' in mind...

You realize there are F-18 builders who would happily murder you in your sleep for that decal sheet, right?  :)

J
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Daryl J.

The remnant of the sheet is likely saleable for very good coin when you're done.

Daryl J., glad to see you've got that sheet.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: Jennings on January 31, 2009, 12:31:38 PM
Two complete machines can be built off this sheet - neither of which will be Hornets... Got two 'targets' in mind...

You realize there are F-18 builders who would happily murder you in your sleep for that decal sheet, right?  :)

J

Erm, no...... It was on eBay here and I was the only bidder - is it that rare ?

Ian
Genuinely puzzled :huh:

Confuscious (maybe)

upnorth

Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 01, 2009, 02:49:57 AM

J

Ian

Leading Edge doesn't mass produce it's products and their Canadian Hornet decal sheets are the best out there in terms of accuracy.

To my knowledge, that sheet is the only one out there that represents current CAF line Hornets. Along with some very specific hornets being represented on it, Kosovo mission markings, markings of almost every Canadian unit that used it in the past decade except for 409 Sqn.which was reactivated after this sheet came out; this sheet is very collectible and sought after among Canadian Hornet fans.

Most other decal sheets that show Canadian line Hornets don't represent them any later than Desert Storm so if you want a Candian Hornet for any period of time after that, this sheet is the way to go.
My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Aircav

The Hornet builders should be quicker of the mark  ;D, get em on a TSR.2  :thumbsup:
"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

upnorth

Quote from: Aircav on February 01, 2009, 05:08:50 AM
The Hornet builders should be quicker of the mark  ;D, get em on a TSR.2  :thumbsup:

Hear, hear! or on a Brick!

A CAF TSR.2 with Kosovo mission markings would be awesome!

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Oi..... stop reading my mind !Ian

Confuscious (maybe)

Aircav

"Subvert and convert" By Me  :-)

"Sophistication means complication, then escallation, cancellation and finally ruination."
Sir Sydney Camm

"Men do not stop playing because they grow old, they grow old because they stop playing" - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Vertical Airscrew SIG Leader

devil505

Quote from: upnorth on February 01, 2009, 03:11:54 AM
Quote from: Ian the Hunter-Gatherer on February 01, 2009, 02:49:57 AM

J

Ian

Leading Edge doesn't mass produce it's products and their Canadian Hornet decal sheets are the best out there in terms of accuracy.

To my knowledge, that sheet is the only one out there that represents current CAF line Hornets. Along with some very specific hornets being represented on it, Kosovo mission markings, markings of almost every Canadian unit that used it in the past decade except for 409 Sqn.which was reactivated after this sheet came out; this sheet is very collectible and sought after among Canadian Hornet fans.

Most other decal sheets that show Canadian line Hornets don't represent them any later than Desert Storm so if you want a Candian Hornet for any period of time after that, this sheet is the way to go.

Yep....The precise reason I'm not giving mine up.
Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory..Lasts forever.

Ian the Kiwi Herder

OK folks the first 'Target' for this apparently precious decal sheet is now to be seen on the 'workbench' thread.

Ian

Confuscious (maybe)