Main Menu

Profiles GB 2009?

Started by nev, January 31, 2009, 01:20:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nev

I know there was talk during last years highly succesful profiles GB of making it an annual event - would be the ideal way to reward those tireless profilers and their unceasing inspirition.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Well I have to admit some responsibility for pushing the Annual Profile GB..... so I say a BIG yes for another go this year - but due to work comitments I won't offer to mod it like last time - let somebody else have a go this year - but I'd be happy, if the build goes ahead, for the same rules that JHM and I knocked-together, to be used.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

Shasper

Depending on what the time frame is I might be able to help out in the mod dept. . . maybe I'll even finish the bird I started for lastyear's build!

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Shasper

It's only been a few days . . . maybe generate some interest on some of the other boards here, or even over on Arc?

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

sotoolslinger

Heck I never stopped from the last one ;D. The Stingray,the Hammerhead, and the PhantomStar are all from profiles :rolleyes:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

pyro-manic

I have the profile and kit lined up ready! :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

Sisko

Never finished my profile from the last one.

So I would be interested in having another crack at it.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!

TsrJoe

id be happy to sign up to this one too, most of my current 'whatif' builds are from profiles on the forum

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

Maverick

I'll be up for it too, got enough to choose from, lol

Mossie

Yeah, I'd be up for it, didn't get around to it last year.

One suggestion, last year there was an outbreak of people asking for specific profiles after the start date simply so they could join in.  To me, this kind of broke the spirit of the build as you could just build anything you wanted.  I suggest that a rule goes in that a should be of a profile that exists before the start date.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

lancer

Certainly interested in partaing of this GB.
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

nev

Quote from: Mossie on February 05, 2009, 03:13:30 AM

One suggestion, last year there was an outbreak of people asking for specific profiles after the start date simply so they could join in.  To me, this kind of broke the spirit of the build as you could just build anything you wanted.  I suggest that a rule goes in that a should be of a profile that exists before the start date.

I agree Simon, I felt at the time that it just wasn't cricket, but I didn't want to rock the boat.

Good to see intrest picking up....

Radish

Yes, but you know what I'm like....I become sidetracked.
I've still got some ideas from last year.
AND I AGREE, profiles MUST be in existence BEFORE the build.
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

Ian the Kiwi Herder

Quote from: nev on February 05, 2009, 04:45:05 AM
Quote from: Mossie on February 05, 2009, 03:13:30 AM

I agree Simon, I felt at the time that it just wasn't cricket, but I didn't want to rock the boat.

Now I'm NOT wearing my moderators hat, I can freely say: (Rant mode ACTIVE) "That REALLY hacked-me-off, there's thousands of profiles to go at, what the h*ll is wrong with leaving your 'comfort zone' once in a while and building something a wee bit different..... Arrrghhhh  :banghead: (Rant mode SAFE)

Quite fancy something Scandanavian next time.

Ian
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)