Toff-Toff engine for twin-boom aircraft ?

Started by Tophe, January 18, 2004, 04:08:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

* I have read in Air & Cosmos magazine that Boeing Co. planned to discard its Research department to save money and make (richer bosses and) 15%-cheaper airplanes, market winners and pleasant for everyone as decreasing the cost/price of air travel, but... what if the airplanes of nowadays become outdated suddenly, by a 75%-cheaper new principle for flight ? I have heard of ways more revolutionary than what happened when jets replaced pistons, what will happen replacing oil by hydrogen : using Magnus effect , magnetic lift, electro-kinetics... In February 2002 on Aerostories forum, an unknown inventor asked us if his engine taking power from deep cold would interest us for airplanes. I was almost the only one to be interested, being more dreamy than the usual, and I added my own way : I had, in the 1980s, invented a device that may be even more efficient (only power source : gravity ! no fuel no electricity : nothing but weights going down automatically...), and we can imagine using it to rotate an airscrew...
* But between having crazy ideas / possible inventions and proving that it works actually, solving practical problems, there is a long uneasy way, needing engineer expertise/skills and money for prototypes and validation processes. I just said Good-luck to the French inventor of the freeze-aircraft and said I required no patent on my own device, if he can prove this works, all the merit would be his own (I would just feel honoured enough if the prototype is chosen as a twin-boomer and nick-named Toff-plane...). Here I say the same to Elmayerle our dear engineer : Evan, if you ever confirm this is not stupid, be rich and happy...
* My hobby is aviation but my job is biology, and the director of our Research department resigned 3 years ago, disgusted to see his ideas rejected by managers, only focused on financial goals and performances. Nobody in Europe was daring to build and test his invention, and he had the great courage to leave all and cross the ocean, welcome in a Canadian society. And I have heard a few days ago that our company is now buying his Canadian Patent many million dollars, because we would be in bankruptcy if some other company uses it instead of us... Congratulations, sir - the ones that said you were wrong were wrong, not you...
* I guess civilisation will move to Canada and it will be well deserved, according to me. Here, among What-if modellers of the World, most of us understand that Canada is becoming the centre of the World, with Alvis, Toad, C-FWOL, JHM and the others... My old Europe will dye soon, with factories transferred in China and R&D labs in Canada. For the USA, the only hope of survival may be our dear Elmayerle, both dreamy what-ifer and efficient engineer...
( :)  These are jokes  :D )
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

Here is the text I wrote with the drawing above, published in "Bio-Top" magazine No.45 (4th/1989) :

<< DREAM or REVOLUTION : the guided-weight wheel
This drawing presents a personal invention that might have been the most important discovery since fire-handling. It is a wheel with weights sliding guided by lateral slopes (only 1 of the 2 is shown here, further than necessary, to show more clearly the principle). Calculating involved forces, we got a huge mathematical formula giving a total moment above zero for every position. So the device would have been always out of balance in the same direction, starting turning again and again, even if we stop it, due simply to the weight power.
We know Science Academies refuse for several centuries anything about perpetual movement, as absolutely impossible. But refusing to test is not following science logic (Reality should decide, even if new events prove that rules accepted in the past were imperfect) and pretending to know absolutely the Truth that will remain forever is religion, not science. >>

To be more clear, I should explain : the guides make the distance weight/axis to me smaller on the left and bigger on the right, so the moment is bigger on the right (weights going down) than on the left (weights going up), the reaction of the guides does not compensate, according to my calculations of the 80s... And with 8 weights, it is always turning, clockwise. Difficult to imagine high rpm and aerodynamic cover, but it probably does not work at all, so... just smile  :)  and say "what-if"... :wacko:

John Howling Mouse

Quotewhat will happen replacing oil by hydrogen
Hmm...replacing OIL with something else...     B)

Ah, Christophe, what was your exact home address, again?   B)

[says the Shell-man from Canuckville]  B)

B) We'll be watching you and your inventive mind VERY closely, mon ami!  B)

^_^  ^_^  ^_^  ^_^  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

John Howling Mouse

You know, come to think of it, isn't there someone out there who offers something like a million dollar prize if anyone can actually postulate a working machine possessing "perpetual motion" ????

I believe they had a set of rules/criteria established, etc.

'Cause I do have one that I believe would fit the bill, it's just that no one's ever thought of it.  No joke.

Maybe I could be stinkin' rich for my ingenuity and buy models for all you guys on What If...?

We Canadians have a lot of time to think about these kinds of things during our long, cold winters...

nev

Maybe I could be stinkin' rich for my ingenuity and buy models for all you guys on What If...?

Hurrah!
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

QuoteWe Canadians have a lot of time to think about these kinds of things during our long, cold winters...
Here in France, some arguments have happened about the age of retirement, someone saying that Swedish people retire at 75 and not our 60, still living happily. Trade unions have answered : "you cannot compare, as in Sweden there is just snow all year so no garden, and nothing to do but to work...".  :)  

John Howling Mouse

Quote"you cannot compare, as in Sweden there is just snow all year so no garden, and nothing to do but to work...".  :)
Well, do they drink BEER in Sweden????

^_^  

Amphion

Current age of retirement is 65, not 75. Though the goverment wants to extend it to like 75 or 80 because of the wast amount of citezens born in the 40´s will wreck the pensionsystem.

On the other hand lots of beer is consumed in Sweden, have been since the days of the vikings (and before that I reckon).  :cheers:  
Amphion

nev

I thought beer was hideously expensive in Sweden in order that all pensioners may live a life of luxury....??  :huh:

Tophe - here in Britain, it would be fair to say that French trade unions are not very highly thought of........it seems that all of France is prepared to go on strike at the drop of a hat.  they make our trade unions look like a bunch of Reagen-ite right wingers  :D  
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Tophe

Quote from: no garden, so nothing to do but to work [/quote
French People that thought retirement is for "gardening only" are insulting Swedish modellers... while I do not. Dear Amphion, I had not noted you were Swedish before clicking on your name today, tell me please : I have tried in vain to reach IPMS Sweden, that put a nice link to my Web site with gentle words - I had proposed to send them a free copy of my book to thank, and received no answer in almost one year. How to reach them better than the E-mail address on their site ?

Captain Canada

Well, do they drink BEER in Sweden????

Don't forget chocolate and cheese, man !

Chocolate and cheese !

Staples, along with beer ! :wub:

And you can retire here in Canada after only three years.....with FULL pension ! If you're a politcian, that is........and not three 'human' years either, three of those work 3 months, take 3 off years !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ollie

You are forgetting one thing about Sweden, the CHICKS!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  

Tophe

Quotehere in Britain, it would be fair to say that French trade unions are not very highly thought of........it seems that all of France is prepared to go on strike at the drop of a hat.  they make our trade unions look like a bunch of Reagen-ite right wingers  :D
Dear Nev,
Here where I am the only French it seems (with JCC maybe), maybe I can speak freely... I agree that French unions are a problem and not a glory. Let me explain : Government employees (teachers, trains and airlines etc) are several millions here, they have very strong unions and are always in strike as this is so easy for them : they were paid during strike, as this was always their last requirement to go back to work at the end... If for the same wages, they can work or rest, they strike everytime everything is not VERY comfortable for them... What a shame for the ones like me working hard to pay taxes feeding them... As they are more and more aged people everywhere (thanks to medicine), private employees were required to pay social security 40 years instead of 37.5 before for retirement, then 42 now, while Government employees have violently refused and stay at 37.5... Of course they can : if they strike and block all forever, their company will not dye under concurrence. I think German law is wiser, saying strike principle is outlaw wherever there is no concurrence and no benefit machine lacking sharing between owners and workers...
Though, I do not mean every Government employee is lazy and privileged, my parents and grand-parents were Government employees, my brother is, and they were hard-workers, efficient ones, just surrounded by a few lazy ones, powerful enough to block all... Don't reject all the French people, victims of a few bad ones.

Captain Canada

QuoteYou are forgetting one thing about Sweden, the CHICKS!!!!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
...and while we're at it, don't forget the constant donkey-kicking we give 'em everytime we play Hockey !
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe,Jan 19 2004, 04:31 AMI have tried in vain to reach IPMS Sweden, that put a nice link to my Web site with gentle words - I had proposed to send them a free copy of my book to thank, and received no answer in almost one year. How to reach them better than the E-mail address on their site ?
Dear Amphion,
I have and idea : I may send you a free copy of my book, asking you to give it to IPMS-Sweden after reading it (there is a complete English translation included). Yes ? Please send me by E-mail your postal address if you accept.

PS. My book is not free for me, I just pay it with 27% discount on public price (not author rights as they are none), but I am happy to reach interested readers.