Main Menu

'FLEETSTAR'

Started by Taiidantomcat, January 20, 2009, 02:44:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taiidantomcat

Waiting for kick off Comrades, plan on doing a 1/48 FLEETSTAR- A soviet Tomcat (Hey what else would I do :blink:) Heres' one i have been working on in 1/32 for a while:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Sauragnmon

Hey, nice one in progress, Taiidan.  You could go for broke and expand it with the rear radome on your 1/48 model, don't forget proper engines on that monster!  IRST ball?  A few of my Alicat's points might work well for you.  The Iranians apparently sent their last Tomcat to the Russians, the last one delivered to them, who ran extensive tests on it.  Who's to say they didn't commission Sukhoi to build something very similar for the Ulyanovsk class Supercarriers that were being planned?

Damnit, now I find myself thinking of sovietizing an American Carrier.  :banghead:
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

Taiidantomcat

That is good thinking with the rear radome!  :thumbsup: like on the Su-34? And if you look closely on the outside of where Tomcats normally have anti-skid, where the Glove vane starts to extend for the F-14A models i have TWO structures that will have IRST balls  :ph34r:

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

Wow that is some awesome camo right there definitely stealing that :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

Thanks Sotoolslinger,
Here is the original inspiration:

Here is another variation by Malcolm Reid:

Whole article:

http://www.arcair.com/Gal8/7001-7100/gal7014-MiG-25BM-Reid/00.shtm

Taiidantomcat

Cockpit progress and modified horizontal stabs. This is the old 1/72 Airfix kit with Hase cockpit floor that i got cheap on the evil capitalist market

Taiidantomcat

Ready to prime (going to leave the other fin and bits off so it is easier to paint and mask the Camo scheme.)

McGreig

This is looking promising - I like the new fins (Su-27?)  :thumbsup:

Taiidantomcat

Correct :thumbsup: Added some styrene so they would be the "Tall Tail" version and fit better too

Zeke

Well, this is rather spiffing isn't it?... :wub:
It's a big, wide world out there...so if it's all the same to you I'll just stay indoors!