Lyn's JET-BRONCO

Started by Tophe, January 17, 2004, 09:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

(from Glenn, after saving as little more compacted jpg)
This is what I did to an OV-10A Bronco a few wears ago. Removing the engines, and pushing the tails into a 'A' frame in shape, with the wheels semi-retracted and jets behind the cockpit. I've named it the OV-12 Moccasin (a deadly snake found in the Everglades)
               Lyn
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Tophe

My comment, as a fan : wonderful, once more... :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  Thanks Lyn :)  

Tophe

:) Thanks to my Belgian friend Paul, I have seen a "real" canard-Bronco project. From Flying Review October 1965... Lyn is not crazy, no... :)  

Tophe

And a twin-boom push-pull, from the same article... :wub:  

Tophe

:unsure: By the way : when I was a kid, I have seen Western movies were Mocassin was meaning Indian shoes. Is the Moccasin worf different or a derivative somehow ?

elmayerle

Quote:unsure: By the way : when I was a kid, I have seen Western movies were Mocassin was meaning Indian shoes. Is the Moccasin worf different or a derivative somehow ?
The poisonous snake you're referring to is called a "water moccasin" and is quite common along the US Gulf Coast, not just in Florida and related species are found elsewhere in the world.   While I don't know of any direct link, the coloring of a water moccasin could be considered similar to that of a "shoe type" moccasin.

I hope this helps,
Evan
"Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it."
--Jane Wagner and Lily Tomlin

Tophe

Thanks Evan, and also for your additional details by mail. As Hollywood made and makes the best movies in the World, by far, we all see American films but... we do not understand everything, while you have the keys to appreciate plainly. Lucky ones... :)  

nev

thats a fantastic bird!  A cross between a bronco, an A-10 and a spaceship  :wub:

Great stuff, thanks for posting it Tophe.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

John Howling Mouse

Hot DAMN, that jet Bronco is cool!  I want one!  I want!   I want!  I WANT!

P.S.  Yep, a "moccasin" is both a "soft leather heelless shoe" and a "venomous snake of the southeastern U.S."

Ahhhh, the "venomous snake" part reminds me of my dear old first wife...

:wub:  :angry:  :wub:  :angry:  
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Shasper

The snake you're reffering to is actualy called the 'Cotton mouth' (self explanitory), for some reason it is widely know as the Water Moccasine. ( Dont ask why this is, guess some hillbilly thought is up.)

Ves the swamprat B)  
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.