Colonial Space Guard ZEL

Started by Atlantis, January 19, 2009, 06:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlantis

During  the latter days of the first Cylon war, the Colonial Space guard utilised a Zero length launch system that could put a fully weaponised viper into the air to deal with a cylon threat; without the need of an extensive catapult system or conventional runway. The viper variant used for these operations was the Viper MK. IB Heavy. The Mk.IB had beefed up gun pylons for two 6-barreled heavy gatling guns, and strengthened wings so that it could carry the Mk. 81 Banshee nuclear air to air missile. Usaully stationed on the outskirts of large cities or other strategic targets, the Viper would be launched into the air using a small solid fuel rocket, which would be jettisoned shortly after take-off from its trailer transporter.It would then use the nuclear missiles to  destroy the bulk of incoming air craft, taking out the remainder using a variety of air to air missiles and the aforementioned guns.

As the Colonial Space Guard motto says;
"When life hands you toasters, make toast"

This was originally for the SSM BSG contest, but due to time constraints (school and all) It wasn't quite up to my standards.

John Howling Mouse

Cool idea.  Love the markings, too.   :wub:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Atlantis

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 19, 2009, 07:04:52 PM
Cool idea.  Love the markings, too.   :wub:

I can send you a set of decals if you want them (word document).

anthonyp

Awesome, Atlantis!  I've seen your work over at SSM, and this is great.  Those markings are indeed great stuff!

I've got a dinky little 1/72 Mk II I've got in tactical grey scheme, but haven't been able to come up with markings.  Yours gives me ideas.

:thumbsup:
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Very, very nice work.  The concept is fun, the model is absolutely beautiful...by far, the best Viper I have seen.

ChernayaAkula

Very imaginative! :thumbsup: And nicely executed!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

jorel62

JoeP

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

Ed S

Inventive and well done.  I like this one.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Green Dragon

Nice one Atlantis!  I'm building one of those new release Vipers right now but it's for someone else so I can't whif it Like your's.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

noxioux

Great concept.  I like the external stores, too.  Nice. :thumbsup:

Weaver

Nice idea - those marking seem very right for the Colonials somehow...  :thumbsup:
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.