'Furball' - Sovietized F-100 (now designated Komorov Kom-3!)

Started by puddingwrestler, January 18, 2009, 09:38:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

puddingwrestler

Commerades, I know I promised you a small car, and that WILL happen, however, rummaging through the people's stash last night I suddenly was struck by this idea and had to act for the mother land!

Basically an Italeri F-100 Super Sabre fitted with the wings from an old Academy MiG-21 and various other modifications. As it's chief designer put it "Decadent western engineers failed to reach full design potential through failure to appreciate importance of enourmous spinal bulge to all aircrafts."

I'm not sure what to call it yet (Was thinking Lavochkin, or possibly a revived Polikarpov may have been called in to copy - er - reverse engineer it) but it's NATO reporting name is certainly Furball. It has that totally ridiculous yet subtly insulting quality of all early NATO names.

And here, for the mother land are pictures!

Sticky-tape mockup. What, you are telling me decadent western planes are not built with stickytape? You suprise me commerades!

Beginings of cockpit. Cockpit mostly direct copy of decadant west, but built by glorious soviet workers!
Za Rodina!
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

philp

Da, was meant to be.

You are planning to insert radar cone, yes?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

puddingwrestler

Of course. Decadent western North American company not understanding vital importance of long cone on fron of plane which looks sharp and designed for to ram. This key to thier failure to produce aircrafts which could take on glorious soviet designs.

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

puddingwrestler

Commerades! Glorious people's fighter porgresses steadily towards proving superiority of mother land over decadent westerners!
Allow me to demonstrate with glorious pictures taken using digital camera from Minsk Tractor Factory (is based on decadent japanese model - demand for tractors low so factory branches out! Of course camera is size of small tractor, but factory has not the small sized tooling capacities.)

Her is cockpit with latest soviet avionics technologies! Many interesting dials and switches for pilot to play with!

Here is fuselage stuck together with glue from St. Petersburg Glue Collective (is copy of decadent western Revell brand!)

Here is other view showing glorious spinal bulge fitted. Western engineers do not understand importance of spinal bulge!

Here is what plane look like with wings and fins temporarliy in place. Much sanding to be done. Also putty. And much repeting of both.
Note shortened intake with bigger mouth, allow greater airflow to more powerful soviet engines. Will have radome spike (also good for ramming ground crew with) in middle.
Now I must sleep, but remember commerades, the Motherland never sleeps! Za Rodina!

B777LR

A small fighter with tiny wings is cool, but a large fighter with tiny wings is even cooler! :wub:

PS: The GB does not start until Febuary 1st, so better put down work :thumbsup:

ChernayaAkula

Ahhhh, Motherland!

(from THIS VIDEO)

Looking very cool right there!  :thumbsup: Love the commentary! :lol: Especially the tractor-sized camera!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

puddingwrestler

Am not conerened if is not eligible for GB due to accidental early start. Have other project lined up for GB.
Also have more pictures of glorious people's fighter!

Observe glrious new pride of mother land!

Is having big thing stick out of underside like MiG!

Is have landing gears now. Wheels is from ww2 surplus F-4 corsair bought through shady bulgarian arms merchant in exchange for vodka. (I dropped one of the F-100 wheels and lost it... only to find it while looking for something else, but having already glued these on...)

Am thinking to be fitting wing tip hard points for glorious soviet improved version of capitalist pig-dog sidewinder missile along with wing hardpoint as in such machine as MiG-21. Will double payload and make for to look like later model Sukhoi type.

Taiidantomcat

Looks even better with the twin seat version  :thumbsup:
"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

puddingwrestler

Only had twin seat version plans due to slight *ahem*ineffciency*ahem* in glorious people's KGB espionage and plan-stealing team...

Captain Canada

What a beauty.....very cool indeed ! Another great idea.....

:cheers:

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

pyro-manic

Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

B777LR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxQ7GUEPsrU&feature=related

Comrades!

Today is a glorious day for our ever resurgent workers paradise! Yesterday, our hold on the capitalist west was strenghtened, and TODAY! Today, our glorious people reveal to us what they have fought for years after years to build!

As the state representative of the Democratic German Republic, i congratulate the workers of Puddingwrestler OKB, by sending them a vodka tanker!

ZA RODINA!

:cheers:

anthonyp

COMRADES!!!!!

Um... holy crap!!!  Comrade Anatoly is actually speechless on this one.

Too much vodka.... yeah... that's it....

GLORIOUS job so far, comrade puddingwrestler!!

ZA RODINA!!!!

Comrade Lt. Colonel Anatoly Isosef Pakizorich, Naval Aviation Bureau
I exist to pi$$ others off!!!
My categorized models directory on my site.
My site (currently with no model links).
"Build what YOU like, the way YOU want to." - a wise man