B

First photos of the new Tu-134NG revealed!

Started by B777LR, January 18, 2009, 02:58:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

B777LR

Eat German national anthem plays in background: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eam_XScivh8

Genossen! Workers of the world!

As head of the Baade State Aviation Plant - Rostock, i am proud to announce our latest project!

The Baade-109 Rostock Regional Jet! Seating 115 passengers, this modern twin-engined regional jet has sold so far 55 examples, to launch customers Interflug, the Soviet AF and a so far unknown West European based workers airline, to be owned and operated by the Glorious East German goverment!

The Baade-109 will be assembled in Rostock, while the wings will be constructed by the Komsomolsk aviation plant in Siberia!

Für partei, land und volk!

B777LR

QuoteBaade-109 renamed Tu-134NG
Rostock, East Germany, 1/2/69
In an official Baade press statement, it was revealed that the Baade-109 has now been renamed as the Tu-134NG (Next Generation).
"Sales vere a bit zlow, so when die erste -109 was beginning zu take shape, ve decided zu rename it as a Tupolev, in order to gain orderz. Tupolev is afterall a vorldvide aknowledged firm, mit many 1000 sales each jahre", said the Baade chief of design, adding that Tupolev had indeed agreed on this.

The Rat

Great idea! Are you going to give it the typical east European/Russian anhedral?
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

B777LR

Quote from: The Rat on February 01, 2009, 06:06:26 AM
Great idea! Are you going to give it the typical east European/Russian anhedral?

Naturally, what would a Soviet airliner be like without anhedral ;)

Im thinking of some more Tu-134/-154 features. The spear at the top of the tailfin, wing fences, tail filet, remodeled Tu-154M style nose, etc.

B777LR

Quote from: Capitalist NATO top meeting

Yesterday, a USAF U-2 spyplane photographed a yet unknown aircraft on a Siberian airfield. The aircraft is believed to be some sort of cargoplane, with secondary roles as a bomber, due to the nose cupola. The new aircraft has been given the NATO reporting name Charlie

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

Logan Hartke

The REAL question is what those dirty Reds are doing with the giant pair of scissors.

Logan Hartke

lancer

Quote from: Logan Hartke on February 03, 2009, 10:44:19 AM
The REAL question is what those dirty Reds are doing with the giant pair of scissors.

Logan Hartke

Make some really big cutting remarks??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

B777LR

Quote from: CIA - Top Secret

Yesterday a thermal imaging satellite took this photo at a factory in Novosibirsk.
From an in-house spy, we have learned that the Charlie is designed by a Scottish engineer named Donald Ducklas, who was disgruntled at the cancelation of the TSR 2. As a result, he emmigrated to the Soviet Union.

Mossie

Quote from: lancer on February 03, 2009, 01:08:52 PM
Quote from: Logan Hartke on February 03, 2009, 10:44:19 AM

Logan Hartke

Make some really big cutting remarks??? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Obvious init, it's a giant chopper.....
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

Nice to see those 'exported' Nines going to good use......... ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

B777LR

Ok, getting closer to finish now.

What ive done:

Fitted 3rd engine
Increased sweep of the wings
Increased sweep of the horizontal stabilizer
Fitted landing-gear canoes
Glazed nose
Beefed up landing gear, with 6 wheel main bogeys. Nose wheels need to be smaller though.
Fitted the odd-rod at the top of the tail.

I still need to:

Fit wing fences
Exhaust thrust reversers for the center engine (Yak-40 type)
Paint
Modify cockpit windows, making them more Tu-154M like

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

The Rat

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles

Life is too short to worry about perfection

Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

McGreig