So, my daughter and I finished another model

Started by philp, January 17, 2009, 09:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

philp

If you have access to the IPMS/USA website, you can read the review.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Daryl J.

Kids just love accomplishing things with dad don't they, especially when it is a 'just daddy and me' thing.   

Great!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Daryl J., enthused about this type of thing.

GTX

All hail the God of Frustration!!!

upnorth

My Blogs:

Pickled Wings: http://pickledwings.com/

Beyond Prague: http://beyondprague.net/

cthulhu77

Very nice build !  Keep up the great work !

Greg

Ed S

Cute model.  And the spaceship is pretty nice as well.

<_<

Ed

ps.  I'm sure you're going to be busy for the next 10 years or so or do you have a closet to lock her in?
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

nev

Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ElectrikBlue

Good team = great work!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Congratulations!

EB

philp

Thanks for all the comments guys, we appreciate it.

Quote from: Ed S on January 18, 2009, 07:24:20 AM
Cute model.  And the spaceship is pretty nice as well.

<_<

Ed

ps.  I'm sure you're going to be busy for the next 10 years or so or do you have a closet to lock her in?

Ed, it's worse than you think.  She not only models models, she acts.  She played a Wildcat in High School Musical 3.  Two other movies she was in will be shown at the LDS Film Festival the end of January and we are waiting to hear about a lead role in a major motion picture as well as a TV series she shot the pilot for last year.

Luckily, she has 3 older brothers that I will make sure just happen to be visiting whenever any potential dates show up. :wacko:
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

John Howling Mouse

Meanwhile, my own daughter cannot be pulled from WoW without an incident....   :banghead:

Nice model-----will she reveal her technique for masking the intake rings so nicely?  I've got an airliner I need the same treatment for and the recent tip in FSM about dipping the intake lip in liquid mask works better in theory than in reality.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

Dork the kit slayer

Nice build good for her :thumbsup:......................you have a bonny daughter too.
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

philp

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 18, 2009, 10:16:34 AM
Meanwhile, my own daughter cannot be pulled from WoW without an incident....   :banghead:

Nice model-----will she reveal her technique for masking the intake rings so nicely?  I've got an airliner I need the same treatment for and the recent tip in FSM about dipping the intake lip in liquid mask works better in theory than in reality.

JHM, the beauty of pre-painted kits.  After I read that tip in FSM I thought it would be easier to paint the whole engine first and then dip the intake directly into the paint the required depth.  Actually, the guy that did the 737 review did it this way and it looked good.
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Sauragnmon

She's a cute one that's for certain... my wife's daughter happens to enjoy detail and colours, who knows, there might be an in there.  One can hope, right?

As to the engine lips, there's an angle in them I noticed, that's where I'd do my work.  I find if I use the edge of the brush I can do edges rather nicely like that, and then I just tip the edges to clean them up a second time.
Putty-fu, Scratch-jutsu and Bash-chi, the sacred martial arts of the What-If. Mastering them, is Ancient Chinese Secret.

Just your friendly neighbourhood Mad Scientist and Ship-whiffer.

Overkill? Nah, it's Insurance.  So are the 20" guns.

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.