BPRAF Interceptor

Started by ysi_maniac, January 17, 2009, 09:24:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Hi,
Is MAN-HO there? I am planning to build a T-tail ... :banghead:

Well, the history of this model is as follows: several years ago, I got Maquette's (russian manufacturer) Su-9 from www.squadron.com This model looked perefctly acceptable and I added it to my stash. 1 or 2 years later, when I was considerint to build it, I realized that there was no fuselage :blink: It was too late to complain, so I decided to get a cheap Su-7 (from that infamous East Germany manufacturer, whose name I do not remember). Its fuselage was so inaccurate that I decided to modify it as a Su-11 (just longer fus between cockpit and nose). I really was so disapointed that I decided to make a Whiff. I modified nose to look different (as you can see) and scratch built a nozzle that did not make me happy. I also decided the T-tail (that really made me happy). During last week I have been thinking in a BPRAF model. So, I discarded the nozzle that I did not like and took one from an old Viggen corpse.

Alt history can go as follows: British People's Republis is constituted in 1956 and soon the need of a heavy interceptor to control posible US bombers from long ocean distance is identified. Then a join project is offered to Soviet Union. They do not give much interest. But, in the event, famous designed Rodion Raskolnikov Sukolev whose OKB was recently dismantled because hi was Stalin's protegé; get permission to go to British People's Republic and takes his hottest paper with him. In GB, he teams with top designers of British Aircraft Factory (state owned company that amalgamated all former british aircraft manufacturers, constituting an organization that could build any kind of aircraft) like Camm, Petter and others. So a new aircraft is designed joining british and soviet technology and ideas. :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

ChernayaAkula

:o Wow! This build is made of 100%, undiluted, industrial-strength awesome!  :bow:

Regarding the manufacturer: VEB Plasticart maybe? VEB stands for "Volkseigener Betrieb" (people-owned enterprise), which would be kinda fitting regarding the back story of this build. :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ysi_maniac

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on January 17, 2009, 11:09:34 AM
:o Wow! This build is made of 100%, undiluted, industrial-strength awesome!  :bow:
Thanks a lot
... VEB Plasticart maybe?
Yes

BTW: Looking for one of those big british missile projects? You know Red something! :thumbsup:
Will die without understanding this world.

B777LR

Cool, natural combination of British and Soviet style for the 1950s-60s :thumbsup: :wub:

Regarding VEB, were they East German?

apophenia

Quote from: B787 on January 17, 2009, 12:08:01 PM
Regarding VEB, were they East German?

Yes. They became Mastermodell just as the Wall came down. The company is now Plasticart again but they no longer make kits.  http://www.arnes-modellbauseite.de/History/plast.htm

puddingwrestler

Really like that shock cone, it's so jaunty! Like an aggressive version of the Sabre Dog...
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 17, 2009, 11:42:03 AM
<...> BTW: Looking for one of those big british missile projects? You know Red something! :thumbsup:

:unsure: Sorry, you kinda lost me there.

Quote from: B787 on January 17, 2009, 12:08:01 PM<...> Regarding VEB, were they East German?

As apophenia said, they were. The company's name was actually "Plasticart". "VEB" is just an abbreviation indicating it's a state-run company.
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

John Howling Mouse

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 17, 2009, 09:24:03 AM
Hi,
Is MAN-HO there? I am planning to build a T-tail ... :banghead:

I'm here and doing the very-happy-dance-----this already looks cool!
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Geoff

Dork the kit slayer

Lumpy and very interesting......has the makings of a winner. :thumbsup: Keep posting :cheers:
Im pink therefore Im Spam...and not allowed out without an adult    

http://plasticnostalgia.blogspot.co.uk/

Captain Canada

Very cool looking bird ! This is gonna be good.....

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ian the Kiwi Herder

"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)