Regia Aero 46: "Caproni Ca 263"

Started by PACOPEPE, January 16, 2009, 03:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PACOPEPE

Her is another italian "progetti" of last months of ww2, with obvious german influence, but with italian style too.

Martin H

I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

John Howling Mouse

There is a new tremor in the Force....

(Translation: I like it, too.  You're good!)
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

bobbo

Hmmmmm. . . Seems to have a bit of YaK 15 in its' ancestry?  Along with ME 262?  (anything else??)

Bobbo

PACOPEPE

Almost. The kit is a mixture of Yak-17 (fuselage with tricycle landing gear), wings that come from an Ar-234 (straight); and the turbines come from a Me 262 standard.

Very well.

Green Dragon

Very good bash, love your Ambrosini SS.5 too! Excellent stuff.

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

sequoiaranger

Amazing the "like minds" that are out there! I did this back in the early 1980's--much the same thing!
My mind is like a compost heap: both "fertile" and "rotten"!

PACOPEPE

Hi sequoiaranger. Congratulations for your model.

I have that picture in a book called "Aviones a Turborreacción y con motor cohete", of José Miguel Romaña. In this book, this author refers to the plane as a -real- project that didn´t completed from initial plans.

Of course, i thought the model was of a historic plane; like the other historic projects that always interested me to make them.

Excuse me for any inconvenience caused.

sequoiaranger

>I have that picture in a book called "Aviones a Turborreacción y con motor cohete", of José Miguel Romaña. In this book, this author refers to the plane as a -real- project that didn´t completed from initial plans.<

ARE YOU KIDDING ME??  :lol:  :blink:  :banghead:

The author must have been trying to pull your leg (Brit/American term for trying to convince you of something that wasn't) with that one!

If the webpage still exists, see:

http://frank.bol.ucla.edu/cb.html

I used a Yak-17 or 19, and Me-262 wings and engines (I put a Me-262 jet pod nose on the front of the fuselage to make it look like the others). I guess from the picture you couldn't tell the wings were swept. I called mine the "Caproni Bologna". As you may know, "baloney" in American-speak is both the processed meat known to have taken the name from the Italian town, AND an untruth. The "untruth" part was why I picked that name. I have NO idea where the author's "Ca-263" designation came from.

I like your rendition. I just think it is FUNNY that my plane/model was taken seriously as a "real" project by somebody. Are you sure that the book wasn't an "alternative history" work"? Otherwise, the author did some very POOR research and failed to contact me regarding my picture, too!!  :angry:  There are only two possible places the author in 2001 (date of printing) could have gotten that picture that I personally took: either from my personal photo album I keep at home, or a website that Frank Henriquez (here at what-ifs as frank2056) linked to "Luft 46" and titled "Craig Burke's What-ifs", but my narrative caption of the picture certainly explained that it was from my imagination (a "Reg-Aero '46")---hmm--maybe not so clearly.

EDIT: BTW, here below is a thumbnail of the book in question. I found it by Googling the title. I might just have to buy the book!!

puddingwrestler

Jet powered trimotors eh? No why didn't I think of that...
nice models guys, and SR, I find that tale most amusing also! Just like the way one of my mates at school always said he wanted to be burried with numerous hughly detailed technical works on ships from Star Wars to confuse future civilizations! :rolleyes:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

sequoiaranger

Here are two more views of the now-"Famous" Caproni Bologna:

And yes, my ego FORCED me to order the book!!

frank2056

Pacopepe - great model...

Craig, how does it feel to have had an influence on aircraft designs of WWII?

Sisko

I looked at it and thought man I have seen that before!!

Of course franks models! I have copies of those pics for inspiration on CD somewhere.
Get this Cheese to sick bay!