Main Menu

P-86

Started by ysi_maniac, January 15, 2009, 05:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysi_maniac

Inspired by NAA studies before US designers saw German papers about swept wings, I just wanted to produce a cool or beatiful design, but I have not decided backhistory, scheme, markings, etc... yet. :wub:

USAAF '46
Korea War
US ally
Vietnam War
... others ...

:huh: :huh: :huh:
Will die without understanding this world.

B777LR

USAAF `46 sounds credible too :thumbsup: The F-86 only got its sweep after the USAF got hold of some Luftwaffe research :thumbsup:

I say bare metal with P-51 markings (blue nose :wub:) or US Navy in the Pacific :thumbsup:

The Rat

Well its stablemate the Fury started with straight wings, so why not!  :thumbsup:
"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." Hedley Lamarr, Blazing Saddles
Youtube: https://tinyurl.com/46dpfdpr

Captain Canada

Funny....I was just thinking about a straight winged Sabre last night ! Yours is too cool. Love the tailplanes and rudder !

:wub:

USAAF sounds like a good choice.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Brian da Basher

Love it, Carlos! Looks like it would be perfect for the Yugoslav air force as the U.S. sent them some F-84s in R/L.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Brian da Basher

ysi_maniac

More posibilities:

French in Indochina
Spanish Republic

ChernayaAkula

:o Way cool! :bow:

I'd second USAAF '46 scheme! Doesn't have to be Luft '46 all the time, does it?  :lol:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

ysi_maniac

^^^^^
Me too but the point is: Is there any no-NMF cool scheme for this alternative?

This model needs severe PSR and then NMF becomes difficult (I mean, for me) :banghead:

PACOPEPE

Hi Carlos. Very good idea.

I can´t believe it. Right now i´m making another what if , like your P-86. I´ll call it Messerschmitt Me 262 HG V. It´s a mixture between F-86 Sabre and Me 262. I´ve customized it like the plane of a pilot who may have led both planes.

I hope to have it completed this week.

All the best

HOG

Hi Carlos,

Your artistry with the saw and scalpel are on par with surgery. :wub:
Wonderful Work.
Gary
H-O-G = Head Out of Gestalt-hands on autopilot
WORK! The curse of the drinking class.
"Guard well your spare moments. They are like uncut diamonds. Discard them and their value will never be known. Improve them and they will become the brightest gems in a useful life."
(Ralph Waldo Emerson )

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 15, 2009, 10:48:13 AMIs there any no-NMF cool scheme for this alternative?

This model needs severe PSR and then NMF becomes difficult (I mean, for me) :banghead:

You can not go wrong with Olive Drab upper and Gray lower for your paint scheme. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

Daryl J.

Overall orange like the P-59B Trailblazer or jazz the orange up a bit with some white trim.
:drink:,
Daryl J.

pyro-manic

I love the spiky nose and the empennage. Very cool. :thumbsup:
Some of my models can be found on my Flickr album >>>HERE<<<

madcatter

Go with blues and make it PR bird like the F4 Lightnings.

Or, assuming as with most jets, range was an issue so these were moved quickly to the continent with the forward groups to provide fast point defence.  Therefore the uppersurfaces could have been camouflaged leaving the only NMF on the lesser-seen lower sufaces.

-N8

sotoolslinger

That is a great looking airplane right there. :wub:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland