Jaybee's WHIFs - The intermediate Years

Started by JayBee, January 14, 2009, 12:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

This thread will cover the period when I was Basefd at Edinburgh airport, and a group mof us formed the Central Scotlans brnch of IPMS (UK).
We had a, once a year, themed competition (amongst others!) of "It might have been".
Yes, it was my insistence, and Kit Spakman, is to blame again!! Well he has to be!
This required that any model entered had to have documentation that proved it might have been!

Luftwafe/Kreigsmarine EE Lightnings were rife! I even had a Luftwaffe two seat Lightning in splinter camoflage.
I also had an Austrian AF Lightning in natural metal with Sparrows on the fuselage sides, and twin Sidewinders on the overwing pylons.
They no-longer exist so no photos are available. Sorry.

Most of these models will be a bit boring as they are mostly colourscheme changes, but one does have a little bit of surgery done to it.

So the first one - the Sea Gnat T-3M.

Folland had a design project for a Sea Gnat fighter with larger wings and tail surfaces.
this came to nothing, but, the enlarged wing and tails surfaces were used for the RAF's T-1 Gnat trainer.

SO, there might have been a two seat trainr for the FAA.
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

I'm almost certain I saw one of those landing on HMS Bulwark before they converted her to a Commando carrier........ :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

JayBee

... and now the Kawa-bishi AXHei.
Better known as the Heinkel He-100. Three were sold to Japan and were issued to the IJNAF as the AXHei.
There were plans to put it into production which fell through as vital building jigs failed to materialise from Germany, but what if they had done.

It is the old Lindberg kit. Off course it is 1/72!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

JayBee

..... and then there is the Gotha Go-229 which looks, to me anyway, like a real life WHIF.
I just love the shape and that colour scheme.

It is the old PM kit.

Cats are not real. 

JayBee

... and next we have 'FIREFOX'.
When the film FIREFOX was being planned the Director/Actor Clint Eastwood approached the Swedish government with the request for the use of one of the SAAB Viggen prototypes to play the part of FIREFOX in the film.
They declined as all prototypes were fully committed to the test flying program, and were not available.
So they used models etc. instead.

It is the Heller kit, and yes I know the fin is not the shape of the prototype, I just thought it looked better.

Cats are not real. 

Martin H

Yep your going to fit in here just fine lol
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.

BlackOps

Some really nice builds in both your threads Jaybee!
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.