Have you been Hustled lately?

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2009, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

With a plea for B-58 decals sources from another modeler, I finally realized that I wasn't going to finish my Hustler as I had hoped. I sent my Fox One B-58 decals out and got a few missiles in return. It was the Harpoons that got me to thinking about reworking this B-58 of mine for a 3rd and permanent time. My idea is a shore based USN Hustler.  ;D

I've had this kit for years! and here are it's first two incarnations. The third will be quite different. :ph34r:

Look behind you!

Tophe

Your one with jets close to one another is very surprising, very nice! :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

cthulhu77

One of the greatest airframes of all time, and you have made it look better?   :wub:

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: cthulhu77 on January 14, 2009, 10:08:42 AMOne of the greatest airframes of all time, and you have made it look better?   :wub:

Knowing what Eddie can do and has done in the past with other kits, this could prove to be very interesting. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

Always thought the B-58 would be cool without underwing engines. Perhaps built in like the Mirage IV or on top of the fuselage like the Tu-22?

bobbo

:cheers: :cheers:  LOVE the third one - looks like something they (Convair) should have done in the first place . . .  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bobbo

noxioux

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 14, 2009, 10:48:49 AM
B-58 forever! :thumbsup:

What he said.  I love this bird, and I even love the kit. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Eddie M.

Thanks for the support Gents!

QuoteAlways thought the B-58 would be cool without underwing engines. Perhaps built in like the Mirage IV or on top of the fuselage like the Tu-22?

I tried to house them with Super Hornet style intakes with a B-70/B-1B influence, but there just wasn't enough room under that wing and not block the gear (I'll be doing this one gear up) to work out. :banghead: Believe me, I had big plans. I guess it's better that it works out this way so as to not mess with the lines too much.
Here it after a bit of sanding.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Meanwhile, might as well show some photos of the B-58 at the LSFM before Ike.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Well heck Eddie that is just all around cool. I just happen to have just recentlly got that kit so I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

Can't wait to see how this goes Eddie.

Here are a couple pics from the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Omaha.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

JoeP

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

noxioux

I've had a chance to see the one in Omaha.  What a gorgeous bird. :wub: :wub: :wub:

The B-36 there is f'ing cool, too.  You never really get the idea how big it is, until you're standing next to the thing.

Great pics!