Have you been Hustled lately?

Started by Eddie M., January 13, 2009, 08:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie M.

With a plea for B-58 decals sources from another modeler, I finally realized that I wasn't going to finish my Hustler as I had hoped. I sent my Fox One B-58 decals out and got a few missiles in return. It was the Harpoons that got me to thinking about reworking this B-58 of mine for a 3rd and permanent time. My idea is a shore based USN Hustler.  ;D

I've had this kit for years! and here are it's first two incarnations. The third will be quite different. :ph34r:

Look behind you!

Tophe

Your one with jets close to one another is very surprising, very nice! :wub:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

cthulhu77

One of the greatest airframes of all time, and you have made it look better?   :wub:

Jeffry Fontaine

Quote from: cthulhu77 on January 14, 2009, 10:08:42 AMOne of the greatest airframes of all time, and you have made it look better?   :wub:

Knowing what Eddie can do and has done in the past with other kits, this could prove to be very interesting. 
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

B777LR

Always thought the B-58 would be cool without underwing engines. Perhaps built in like the Mirage IV or on top of the fuselage like the Tu-22?

bobbo

:cheers: :cheers:  LOVE the third one - looks like something they (Convair) should have done in the first place . . .  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Bobbo

noxioux

Quote from: ysi_maniac on January 14, 2009, 10:48:49 AM
B-58 forever! :thumbsup:

What he said.  I love this bird, and I even love the kit. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Eddie M.

Thanks for the support Gents!

QuoteAlways thought the B-58 would be cool without underwing engines. Perhaps built in like the Mirage IV or on top of the fuselage like the Tu-22?

I tried to house them with Super Hornet style intakes with a B-70/B-1B influence, but there just wasn't enough room under that wing and not block the gear (I'll be doing this one gear up) to work out. :banghead: Believe me, I had big plans. I guess it's better that it works out this way so as to not mess with the lines too much.
Here it after a bit of sanding.

Look behind you!

Eddie M.

Meanwhile, might as well show some photos of the B-58 at the LSFM before Ike.

Look behind you!

sotoolslinger

Well heck Eddie that is just all around cool. I just happen to have just recentlly got that kit so I am looking forward to seeing what you do with this one. :wub: :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

philp

Can't wait to see how this goes Eddie.

Here are a couple pics from the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Omaha.

Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Joe C-P

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

noxioux

I've had a chance to see the one in Omaha.  What a gorgeous bird. :wub: :wub: :wub:

The B-36 there is f'ing cool, too.  You never really get the idea how big it is, until you're standing next to the thing.

Great pics!