German unit insignia ...

Started by TsrJoe, January 05, 2009, 02:32:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TsrJoe

http://chrito.users1.50megs.com/_data/divemblems/luftwaffe/?thumb=1

the images are visible if you click on the enable thumbnails bit at the top of the page ...

hmm..does anyone know if there was a unit badge issued for KG.200 ? and if ones avaliable in decal form?

cheers, joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

GTX

Quotedoes anyone know if there was a unit badge issued for KG.200 ?

There were some I believe, but not for the whole KG I think (rather individual sub units).  Will check my KG200 references later tonight for you.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

GTX

The only KG200 one I could find was from 6/KG200 with the Mistel:

Here are some others though - you probably already have most:

Regards,

Greg

GTX

GTX

GTX

GTX

GTX

GTX

Jennings

Quote from: GTX on January 05, 2009, 11:38:04 AM
[...not for the whole KG I think (rather individual sub units)

KG200 had subs??  Who knew?  Those sneaky, underhanded Krauts!

:)
"My fellow Americans, our long national nightmare is over." - Gerald R. Ford, 9 Aug 1974

Maverick

Yikes Greg, there's one or two there!!

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Mav

ChernayaAkula

Quote from: GTX on January 09, 2009, 12:06:05 PM
The only KG200 one I could find was from 6/KG200 with the Mistel:

Most interesting stuff, Greg! :thumbsup:

The unit badge above is a rather interesting choice. It seems to pick up motifs of o.e. plauen's Vater und Sohn (father and son) comic strips. Using the father and son image would be somewhat fitting for a Mistel unit (although it's rather cruel, with the "father" plane crashing), but there's more to it. o.e.plauen is the pseudonym of Erich Ohser, the man behind these comic strips. Ohser was a staunch anti-fascist (and anti-communist) and worked as a political caricaturist before the Nazis grabbed power. After that he was refused admittance to the Reichspressekammer (Reich's press chamber) and could no longer work (maybe because of caricatures of Hitler and Goebbels). He then made the Vater und Sohn comic strips. In 1944, a neighbour denounced him and a friend of his, Erich Knauf (also a political journalist). Both were arrested and to be trialled before the Volksgerichtshof (People's Court, a special court for high treason). Ohser committed suicide before the trial. Knauf was sentenced to death and beheaded.

HERE's a pic of some commemorative stamps. See the last stamp, which looks a lot like the KG200 badge.

Is it just an ironic coincidence that a unit of the Luftwaffe flew with this motif, or maybe some sort of political comment?
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?