Spring Break GB Redeaux?

Started by Shasper, January 03, 2009, 06:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shasper

Hey Gang,

Spring isnt that far off & I'm trying to drum up/see who's interested in having another Spring Break GB. I'm open to any ideas for a theme and anything else you guys can think of.

Here's the link to last year's build: http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/board,57.0.html

Shas 8)
Take Care, Stay Cool & Remember to "Check-6"
- Bud S.

Captain Canada

Quote from: Shasper on January 03, 2009, 06:31:06 AM
Spring isnt that far off

Spoken by someone who is obviously not stepping out to -20 and a foot of snow on his car !

:banghead:

But I'd like to try a one-weeked build, for sure !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

nev

Hmm, maybe make it the Profiles GB as well?  Or should that have its own dedicated GB?
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Ed S

I'd be interested.  But I would like to see the schedule on the GB's we voted on back in Nov.  There are several of those that I have ideas and plans for.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

lancer

No spring break over thisd side of the pond, so kind of a moot point! However, the one week GB woul dbe looked on pretty favourably
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

puddingwrestler

And down this end of the world, Spring starts in September :thumbsup:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Shasper

Well Nev its certaintly an idea! Anyway I'm just throwing the idea out there since we had a good turnout last year. . . Ik most people who are in my position usually have "Spring Break" around or after Easter, but I get the shaft due to the quarter system.

Shas b)
- Bud S.

Spey_Phantom

i would be in for this.

but lets say, why dont we change the GB.
nothing drastic, but why not make it an annual thing, maybe each year a different theme  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

Shasper

Nils that was my idea when I talked to the Commisar last year about the build (last year's theme was the 3rd world), I thought having a theme would help to differ this from the traditional 1WGB we usually have.

Shas b)
- Bud S.

nev

How about Sci-Fi & Fantasy?

Armour?

Just to make a change from the usual planes.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

Shasper

I wouldn't object to any of those if that's what everyone agrees on, Sci Fi in particular (would give me an excuse to get a new X-Wing!)

Shas 8)
- Bud S.

BlackOps

Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

Daryl J.

I'd do Sci Fi if it spring break fits my calendar.

Daryl J.

puddingwrestler

What ever theme you do, I'll end up doign Sci Fi anyway  :ph34r:
There are no good kits, bad kits or grail kits, just kitbash fodder.

Mossie

Yeah, I like the sound of a Sci-Fi build, it'd give me the kick up the backside to do one of the projects I've been thinking about.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.