BV213 - 1st resin wif

Started by Deon, January 02, 2009, 07:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deon

This was my first Wiff resin by unicraft - BV213

Painted for service in mediterranean and balkans 1946..

'...please, tell me where to put it..?'

'do nothing except that which is necessary or beautiful' (Marcus Aurelius)..well I've got the 'do nothing' bit sorted...

John Howling Mouse

Wow, you sure can pull off these resin kits nicely.  How do you find the Anigrand kits, build-wise?  Easy clean-up, good fit, etc.?  I ask because I have three of them in the stash but have never built one, yet.
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Mo good stuff from the new dude ;D :thumbsup:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Deon

Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 02, 2009, 08:34:58 AM
Wow, you sure can pull off these resin kits nicely.  How do you find the Anigrand kits, build-wise?  Easy clean-up, good fit, etc.?  I ask because I have three of them in the stash but have never built one, yet.

These are Unicraft kits  and compared to Anigrand there's a lot more work to do, plenty of filling, sanding, priming , sanding,  repeat (I guess that's what PSR stands for?). Also the kits need to be build with a jig or at least a close eye on alignment so that the butt joined sections can be adjusted. You can see that  the 213 rear fuselage is a little twisted. Some of the cockpits u/c bays need hollowing out too. There has been a marked iprovement in quality over the years. Igor is a prolific producer and the prices are very reasonable and the service and comms are top notch. It all comes down to the exchange rate, so i tend to buy a 2-300 dollar batch every couple of years. I like these kits because they challenge me as a modeller, there's plenty of scope for scratch work and many of these paper project (especially the Luft 46 types are tiny and so easy to store). There are stacks of UAVs for real world modelers and even civvie types.

'do nothing except that which is necessary or beautiful' (Marcus Aurelius)..well I've got the 'do nothing' bit sorted...

NARSES2

Quote from: Deon on January 03, 2009, 03:34:02 AM
Quote from: John Howling Mouse on January 02, 2009, 08:34:58 AM

These are Unicraft kits  and compared to Anigrand there's a lot more work to do, plenty of filling, sanding, priming , sanding,  repeat (I guess that's what PSR stands for?). Also the kits need to be build with a jig or at least a close eye on alignment so that the butt joined sections can be adjusted. You can see that  the 213 rear fuselage is a little twisted. Some of the cockpits u/c bays need hollowing out too. There has been a marked iprovement in quality over the years. Igor is a prolific producer and the prices are very reasonable and the service and comms are top notch. It all comes down to the exchange rate, so i tend to buy a 2-300 dollar batch every couple of years. I like these kits because they challenge me as a modeller, there's plenty of scope for scratch work and many of these paper project (especially the Luft 46 types are tiny and so easy to store). There are stacks of UAVs for real world modelers and even civvie types.

One of the best and fairest descriptions of Unicraft I've seen. And yes PSR does stand for putty, sand, repeat - to the power of 5 for some of Igor's stuff.

JHM - Anigrand are a good midway point in resin kits. Need some work and lack interior detail etc, but build quite easily in my experience although they can vary as to how many pin holes you have to fill.

Chris
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Sisko

Nice one!

I haven't tried Igor's stuff. I have built a few planet kits and some of them were better than some main stream kits I have built.

Get this Cheese to sick bay!

Deon

Ive just been given an Ardpol kit of a PWS 10 (Polish I think).

I've had a close look a it, dry fitting etc and I believe it may be the best quality resin Ive ever seen bar none!

The trailing edges are razor sharp and the moulding quality is perfect.

They're a bit pricey at £22.00 for a small fighter but the sheer pleasure of putting the kit together is probably worth it.

They dont have a large range so the whiffery is limited but if anyone wanted a little Polish Whif....