My Stash just grew again (2009)

Started by Spey_Phantom, January 01, 2009, 02:44:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spey_Phantom

just thought that as we are a new year, there should be a new stash topic  ;D

the only recent addition here is a 1/72 airfix Blenheim bomber witch was bought before the holidays  :mellow:
on the bench:

-all kinds of things.

NARSES2

Via a frozen postie yesterday -

Anigrand 1/144 Coranado Flying Boat
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Geoff

Does yesterday count?
Me, I have sworn off new kits (and second hand as well) since Christmas, on the basis I will not live long enough to build what I already have and need to have a good clearout.
OK there are a few things coming out I would want and I have allowed myself to "lapse" if I go to a show lol.
This nearly lasted 4 days when I made the mistake of going into MZ at Meadowhell to see RevD Sabredogs at £6;99, managed to get out safe - - but the craving was there :-(.
Now I find out RevD have a Raketenjager being released this month - - OY!

Green Dragon

From a mate at 1:45AM, Warhammer 40,000 Eldar Grav Tank and my resolution to not buy any new kits lasted one hour forty-five minutes!

Paul Harrison
"Well, it's rather brutal here. Right now we are advising all our clients to put everything they've got into canned food and shotguns."-Gremlins 2

On the bench.
1/72 Space 1999 Eagle, Comet Miniatures Martian War Machine
1/72nd Quad Tilt Rotor, 1/144th V/STOL E2 Hawkeye (stalled)

Nick

It was yesterday but I did wander into ModelZone at Lakeside whereupon I brought home a Revell 1/72 Flitzer. Swiss, Bulgarian, Italian.... who knows?  ;D

Also found the remains of Woolworths and came home with lots of Dr Who mini-figures. I plan to swap these with my mate for a Dalek/Cybermen pest control diorama! :lol:

PR19_Kit

A wife-ferrying trip to Chepstow produced a Revell 1/72 Gannet and 1/144 scale Harrier GR7, much to my amazement. We went to the local art shop and one wall was STUFFED with Revell, a few Airfix and even an Italeri or two.

I got the immortal question 'Would you like paint and glue for them sir?' They got the usual reply as well, 'No thanks, I almost certainly have more than you do already......' :)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Scooterman

Accurate Miniatures 1/72 RQ-1 Predator.  HobbyLobby had 30% off plastic so I don't feel too bad spending $15 for it........

Howard of Effingham

my last kit purchase for 2008........

italeri 1/72 F-15E strike eagle
Keeper of George the Cat.

Daryl J.

1st 2009 purchases:   Airfix 1/48 Canberra PR.9 (I just *love* these Canberras!!) along with a metal landing gear   and for the USS Monitor Landship, the 1/72 Pegasus Hobbies Porsche Tank.     

And that may well be most of my 2009 kit purchasing for some time, save for the B-57B when it comes out.

Daryl J., pretty excited about this Canberra series.

Howard of Effingham

.....and my first purchase for 2009!  ;D

zveda 1/72 MiG-31 foxhound [USAF markings probably and i'll have to
replace the under fuselage kit missiles with AIM-54's if they fit]
Keeper of George the Cat.

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on January 01, 2009, 06:05:50 AM
It was yesterday but I did wander into ModelZone at Lakeside whereupon I brought home a Revell 1/72 Flitzer. Swiss, Bulgarian, Italian.... who knows?  ;D

Swiss sounds really good Nick.

My local Woolies closed a day early - wanted to have a look at the fixtures and fittings to see if there was any storage possibilities available  :banghead:

Went into Croydon MZ - nothing of interest - BUT, by the look of it Revell Lancasters (the new tool one) will be in the Managers sale this week  :wub:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

GTX

Quote from: Howard of Effingham on January 03, 2009, 01:28:22 AM
.....and my first purchase for 2009!  ;D

zveda 1/72 MiG-31 foxhound [USAF markings probably and i'll have to
replace the under fuselage kit missiles with AIM-54's if they fit]

May I suggest having a look here (chp 9).
for some inspiration.

Regards,

Greg
All hail the God of Frustration!!!

TsrJoe

so far this year 2x resin figure kits from evilbay (in my defence they're not for me tho!) and lots of books from Finland ...

'Punatahdesta hakaristiin', Atso Haapanen, Apali, a book on Soviet aircraft captured by the Fin's (inc. Il.2, R.10, Yak 7, 9D, Mig3)
'Lentajan Nakokulma II' Jukka Raunio, Forssan, the fighters volume in a series covering Finnish aircraft development (inc. He.112)
'Venalaiset Havittajat #7' K. Keskinen & K. Stenman, captured Soviet fighter aircraft in Finnish service (Lagg3, I.16, etc.)
'Venalaiset Havittajat #9' K. Keskinen & K. Stenman, captured Soviet fbomber aircraft in Finnish service (Pe.2, DB.3, etc.)
'IL.28 in Finnish service #4', Jyrki Laukkanen, Apali, an excellent volume also covering other Finnish mapping, target towing types

one of my resolutions is to cut down on kit purchases (doesnt apply to books tho!) and to get some more stuff completed in the stash!

cheers, Joe
... 'i reject your reality and substitute my own !'

IPMS.UK. 'Project Cancelled' Special Interest Group Co-co'ordinator (see also our Project Cancelled FB.group page)
IPMS.UK. 'TSR-2 SIG.' IPMS.UK. 'What-if SIG.' (TSR.2 Research Group, Finnoscandia & WW.2.5 FB. groups)

NARSES2

Czechmaster IK-3 in 1/72 and some lovely Quickboost resin bits for a IL-2. Exhausts and gun's. Stunning casting for the price

Martin H

Quote from: TsrJoe on January 05, 2009, 03:02:19 AM
one of my resolutions is to cut down on kit purchases (doesnt apply to books tho!) and to get some more stuff completed in the stash!

cheers, Joe

U feeling all right joe?  I could have sworn u said thinning out the build pile.

(tounge firmly in cheek :)  )
I always hope for the best.
Unfortunately,
experience has taught me to expect the worst.

Size (of the stash) matters.

IPMS (UK) What if? SIG Leader.
IPMS (UK) Project Cancelled SIG Member.