Started by sotoolslinger, December 24, 2008, 02:54:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sotoolslinger

Inspired by this

By SSgt Baloo

I will ,of course, be taking some liberties with the design :wacko:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

sotoolslinger

I amuse me.

ChernayaAkula

Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

sotoolslinger

Thanks CA  ;D Merry Christmas.  :thumbsup: I hope to have more pics up later
I amuse me.

Scooterman

You are a freakin' MACHINE Ron!!!

John Howling Mouse

Cool!  My second ever kitbash was what I called an XF-88 (didn't realize at the time that's what they called the Voodoo X-plane) which was a delta-winged F-86 in 1:72 scale.  Seemed like such a monumental undertaking back then...
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

nev

Looks like a cross between a Mirage 2000 and a post-war British research project.
Between almost-true and completely-crazy, there is a rainbow of nice shades - Tophe

Sales of Airfix kits plummeted in the 1980s, and GCSEs had to be made easier as a result - James May

ysi_maniac

Will die without understanding this world.

cthulhu77

Dig it .  Are you going to blend in the front wing fairing, or build up something there in styrene?

sotoolslinger

Thanks Scoot  ;D It's not so much that I am a machine it's more like my creations are such putty monsters that I have to do something between PSR sessions :blink:
JHM I would like to see that :o
Thanks YM SSgt Balloo did the profile :wacko: I just stole the idea.
Nev the wings are from the F-106 which IMO is an ugly POS I figured this would at least get some use out of the wings :rolleyes: It is a very early project circa 1948 (see backstory)
Greg here is what I have done with the big gaps at the wing leading edge.
Some stuff just builds itself
The big internal weapons bay left over from the F-106 seemed the perfect place to put ammo ,lots and lots of ammo :wacko:

The ammo will be feeding 2 Gatling style 1'' cannon (3500 RPM :wacko:)

I am thinking early dedicated Tankbuster and jet interceptor
I amuse me.

sotoolslinger

By 1948 the Germans were concentrating on pushing east and northeast into China and continuing their epic battle with Russia .The Italians and Vichy French forces were well entrenched in Africa and supplying the Axis war machine with huge amounts of raw materials. The Axis was able to produce greater and greater numbers of jet fighters, bombers and new and more advanced tanks for the ground offensives.
The Allies were at a great disadvantage and so put forth a request for a jet powered interceptor and attack craft with enough firepower to down jets ,guided missiles , and effectively engage armor .Cannon and rocket armament was obviously required. the speeds involved in jet combat put single barreled cannon at a disadvantage, no matter how many the aircraft was armed with. High rates of fire were required. New Zealand Armaments Corporation, NZAC , long a supplier of military cannon to the Combined Commonwealth developed the Skyripper 1 inch Gatling style 5 barrel cannon. With a 3800 rounds per minute rate of fire and new armor piercing ammo this solved both the air to air and ground attack problems. Now to design an aircraft to carry it.
I amuse me.

Eddie M.

The old "use a drop tank to blend the wing trick" Veeeery clever! Looking sweet !!;D
Look behind you!

BlackOps

Amazing! Do you have elves that work on these while you sleep? Lookin' good Slinger!  :thumbsup: 
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

John Howling Mouse

This is one of those airframe concepts that just looks too good NOT to have been done in real life!   :thumbsup:
Styrene in my blood and an impressive void in my cranium.

sotoolslinger

Thanks dudes ;D Well I had to have some place to put 2 gatling guns :wacko:No elves to help also no work right now :banghead: So I got plenty o build time :blink:
I amuse me.