Wehrmacht Unteroffizier

Started by cthulhu77, December 15, 2008, 09:28:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cthulhu77

Thanks to a kind donation, I have the ability to modify a fantastic 1/16 kit !  First thing to do?   Get rid of that weenie russian shotgun, and upgun the waffen !

Brian da Basher

I hope you've got a permit for that, pal.
;)
Your detail on that weapon is impressive, Greg!
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Brian da Basher

Jeffry Fontaine

Good to see that the random acts of kindness have produced results. 

That weapon looks a lot like something from the arsenal of that video game called "Iron Storm" which had a lot of odd looking weapons that were fun to shoot :)
Unaffiliated Independent Subversive
----------------------------------
"Every day we hear about new studies 'revealing' what should have been obvious to sentient beings for generations; 'Research shows wolverines don't like to be teased" -- Jonah Goldberg

BlackOps

Hey, Careful! You could poke an eye out with that thing!  ;D

I love fictional weapons and this one's lookin good Greg!  :wub:
Jeff G.
Stumbling through life.

frank2056

It looks like a big Russian automatic Blunderbuss! Plus the guy's stance would fit a heavier rifle, like this one.

sotoolslinger

Pics o the Great Old One working this one

;D ;D ;D :wub: :wub: :wub: :bow: :bow: :bow:
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

cthulhu77

Great idea by Sotoolslinger...a sort of "steampunked" harness via the movie "aliens":

Weaver

Very interesting - think this is the first figure I've seen on here since I joined!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nice to see that not everything's different in the States: you have the same kind of "anglepoise" light/magnifier as me, and the same kind of toothpick container too....... ;D
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Morpheus in Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones '

cthulhu77

story:

Panzertod

The smoke had cleared off of the battlefield, somewhat at least, and Ernst was able to see what havoc the SS snipers had wrought.
Three of the five approaching tanks had their Russian commanders draped on the hull, all dead. One of the K tanks was mired down in the wet mud that surrounded Kursk, and the second T-34 wasn't doing much better.  The driver kept on attempting to steer around the stagnant pool , but the treads were almost willfully sticking to the muck, throwing gobbets of the filth up in the air as he gunned the engine harder and harder.
Ernst turned on his Vampyre sight with his right hand, and the evening battlefield became a glow of green and yellow. He could see the soldiers scurrying around, but they were not his prey, let the SS a-holes take care of them.   Just because he didn't have blue eyes didn't mean he wasn't one of the best shots in the world.
A KV-2 lumbered towards his bunker location, the massive howitzer ready to unleash hell on earth when it fired.   From his hidden location, he snickered, while the crews of the tank thought of it as a land dreadnought, he knew for fact that there were many things such a huge tank feared.  The diving Stuka, or the Henschel 129 airborne tank killer with its gun, almost the same size as the tanks on the ground !
...and Himself.  He was possibly the most fearsome of the tank killers, light, maneuverable , and heavily armed...able to be at any war point within a moments notice, and cradling the state of the art 16mm anti-tank gun called the "Panzertod".
In the recent ridiculous experiments with nuclear energy, something he knew would never work, it turned out that the rods used to charge some of the fields were actually denser than steel. U-235 would penetrate the thickest of the armor of any tank in the field, and the resulting blast normally levitated the turret all the way off of the Stalingrad armor.   One shot, one kill.
The rounds were incredibly heavy, though, and each of the drums that he carried weighed as much as his bergenpack. He also seemed to be having a fair amount of lower back problems, though it couldn't be due to the massive gun, as the Abwehr scientists and engineers had constructed a strapped on support that allowed him to hold the anti tank rifle,  sight it, and fire it...all without a squad.
Just yesterday, an entire group of T-34's had fallen under his sights, and they lay ten kilometers back in the rubble of the city.

ChernayaAkula

Way cool!  :thumbsup: Great idea, especially the harness!

The background story is also pretty cool!
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

cthulhu77

Starting to prime the bits and pieces:

noxioux

Excellent idea.  It had me scratching my head with that first pic.

sotoolslinger

AHHHH HA HA HA HA  :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wacko: :wub: :thumbsup: Yes, in fact, I AM an evil genius
I amuse me.
Huge fan of noisy rodent.
Things learned from this site: don't tease wolverine.
Eddie's personal stalker.
Worshippers in Nannerland

Taiidantomcat

"Imagination is the one weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gaultier

"My model is right! It's the real world that's wrong!" -global warming scientist

An armor guy, who builds airplanes almost exclusively, that he converts to space fighters-- all while admiring ship models.

frank2056

He's coming along great, Greg! Far, far more interesting than the original kit. He's been waiting 15 years to find a purpose!